How long its takes for the engine to reach operating temp normally?

Datalore

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI- SOLD, 2000 VW Beetle ALH- SOLD, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE DSG
BTW, this is not the 9M0 "Auxiliary Heater".
I just checked my build sheet and I believe what you are talking about is listed as 7E0 "Heat accumulator system/ auxiliary heater". I do not have that and my A/C system is listed as "hot country" so I'm assuming that is why I do not have the electric heater.

Regardless, good point made. Some will have it and some will not.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Canadian car here (with built-in block heater); my build sheet lists "7E0 - Heat accumulator system/auxiliary heater: W/o heat accumulator/auxiliary heating" - so I'm assuming I do NOT have that (?).

ON the flip side, I do have "7VP - Auxiliary heater: With engine preheating" - I'm guessing that's the block heater (?).

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
I just checked my build sheet and I believe what you are talking about is listed as 7E0 "Heat accumulator system/ auxiliary heater". I do not have that and my A/C system is listed as "hot country" so I'm assuming that is why I do not have the electric heater.
Regardless, good point made. Some will have it and some will not.
No, the one I'm talking about is the 7E6 "Accumulater system/auxiliary heater: Electric auxilliary air heater". The 7E0, I believe, is a gas aux. heater.

FWIW, my "Engine cooling system" is 8Z6 "Hot Country", but "Climatic Zones" is 0Y4 "Cold and tropical climatic zones (US)", car purchased new in Baltimore.

ticaf

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock 2015 Golf SW S Manual TDI
I would say that the initial warm up to 50C is due to the "static coolant". A plastic shroud covers the water pump allowing the coolant to remain motionless around the engine block. The initial cabin heat during this time is due to the micro coolant circuit. The micro circuit uses an electric pump to move a small amount of coolant from the cylinder head, to the EGR cooler, then the heater core.
Once the shroud opens up around 128F- 135F, the coolant temp will drop a small amount before continuing to warm. The thermostat shouldn't be open at all until 170F- 180F.
would you mind sharing where you got the cooling system information ? (i.e set temperature when switchable coolant pump start pumping).
I'm trying to evaluate if the switchable pump really makes any meaningful difference.