Garrett GT 1749v turbo

kjr123

TDI
03 vw TDI
hey guys i have a couple questions but no one seems to beable to give me a straight answer about it.... i have a 03 vw tdi with a cold air intake and i straighted out my muffler but i was look at a turbo the Garrett GT 1749v someone i know tells me i should beable to run this no problem in the car no need for injectors or anything like that but someone else i talked too told me i need bigger injectors ecu reprogram lift pump billet lines and more just to put the turbo in is this true

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
the 1749v is the same size as your stock turbo... it's not an upgrade. it *is* a mild upgrade for an mk3/AHU car because it's a vnt that fits the mk3/AHU with little modification. but it's still a vnt15

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
i like the "17/22" hybrid.. idparts.com sells them. it's odd that someone would suggest to you a 1749v.. it's not a very common turbo here to suggest. the only people i know who run them have put them on mk3 or mk2 ahu engined cars (eg, 1998 jetta tdi), since that is a mild upgrade. it's one of the few vnt turbos that fit that platform without modifying motor mounts. what stats are you looking at?