140 to 170

Pagey21

TDI
Passat
Hi does anyone know if you can put 170 bhp injectors into a 140bhp Passat as I think my injectors are starting to fail and a friend of mine has a good set out of a 170 bhp

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
more info needed.
for the most part, probably yes. but you should really put an EGT gauge on it. you risk blowing / melting the turbo with poorly manages over fueling on stock components. Also a tune will sort it out very easily.

you cant just swap the nozzles DIY. well you can but its very risky. most have issues with doing this as you cant pop test and tune them DIY. you have to send them out and for the cost, totally worth it.

we need to know, what year your passat it, and what the parts are coming out of. we cant read minds.

Pagey21

TDI
Passat
My car is a 2008 Passat with bkp engine and the injector are are from a 2007 Passat with bmr engine

nikolay_ss

TDI
1.9TDI ALH
It's not a good idea directly to put them in.
First do a pop test and secondly you need a tune to setup these injectors to work good.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
It's not a good idea directly to put them in.
First do a pop test and secondly you need a tune to setup these injectors to work good.
If the full nozzles and injector bodies are not altered and just swapped over, no need for testing. That's only when you swap the nozzles. And you dont have to get a tune. Just drop the QA up to like 6 or 7. It would be a good idea to install a EGT gauge at the turbo though to make sure you dont melt it

Pagey21

TDI
Passat
Thanks for the input guys but I managed to get some 140 injectors for a good price and the car is back up and running

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I would run some liquid molly tough it just to clear up whatever sat inside them. Food for thought.