Re:2015 Passat

Brad95

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE Manual since 09/28/12-04/05/18, 2015 Passat TDI SE Manual Since 03/29/2018
Re:2015 Passat, how to verify CPO Certification

Since my 13'passat (manual) does not have emission fix available so only option i have left is to turn it back to VW. currently i have put $500 deposit on 15'passat (manual) with 21k miles on it for ($19k) from Massachusetts area as there aren't any near me..

VW Dealer, who is selling this car said this is "CPO" so to speak!

is there a way to verify CPO certification?

-thanks

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Have them fax/email you the documentation its COP showing you the VIN?

Brad95

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE Manual since 09/28/12-04/05/18, 2015 Passat TDI SE Manual Since 03/29/2018
Well, do nothing and keep it is also a viable option . . .
When i spoke to VW settlement Rep, said you may not able to register your 13' passat..and did not want to take a chance!.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Another clueless rep . . . .*sigh* . . . Do a search - this has been covered here extensively. Any state that took settlement funds agreed to never deny registration, fix or not, and while I don't recall the specifics, it was a very low number, and possibly zero states that did not take the money . . . .

The documents and details are on this site.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Yeah, but you also get Zero restitution dollars since it's not getting fixed.

If you want to PM me the VIN, I can check if it is CPO in Vw's system for you.

Although... The certification may not show in the system until a sale is registered. When my CEL came on 3 days after buying my CPO Passat, the certification wasn't in the system yet.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Would this car have the extended warranty if he does nothing?

He'd have the same warranty as he has now, hence doing nothing. Nothing gained but a chunk of change lost.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
My point was that it would continue to be legal, which was all that was mentioned. The other factors will be more or less meaningful from person to person . . .

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
To me the restitution and extended warranty would be BIG factors in keeping the car or sending it on its way.

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
Brad95: Just as a head's up...

I signed the purchase of a 2015 Passat TDI SEL CPO with a VW dealer on February 28. As of March 21, they have not released the car to me. They are holding up the sale due to there being an active recall campaign on the vehicle. I assume they are referring to the diesel recall. The car had Phase I done by the previous owner in May 2017, but it seems like they are trying to delay delivery until Phase II is released and implemented.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I dont think they can do that.

Ask them what recall is holding up the sale.

If you want, PM me your VIN and I will see what recalls are open on the car.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Brad95: Just as a head's up...

I signed the purchase of a 2015 Passat TDI SEL CPO with a VW dealer on February 28. As of March 21, they have not released the car to me. They are holding up the sale due to there being an active recall campaign on the vehicle. I assume they are referring to the diesel recall. The car had Phase I done by the previous owner in May 2017, but it seems like they are trying to delay delivery until Phase II is released and implemented.

Phase II is brand spanking new, reports of it hitting the streets is pretty minimal, seeing the pressure they are probly getting from EPA to roll it out, they can probably and will prob hold until phase II fix because chances of the car coming back is really unknown.

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
I spoke with the dealer again yesterday. Turns out, the rep that told me there was an active recall on the car I bought was mistaken. She was giving me information for a different vehicle. My sale is held up purely by dealership incompetence: they made an error on title so they had to apply for a new one.

This dealership (largest in CNY) has been a nightmare to deal with. You ask three people the same question and get three different answers. And they all feign exasperation and pity, but I can tell it's all an act. I just hope it's over soon...

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
I dont think they can do that.

Ask them what recall is holding up the sale.

If you want, PM me your VIN and I will see what recalls are open on the car.
I stopped at the dealership yesterday for an update (see above post). There are no active recalls on the car. Thanks for your offer of help, though.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I stopped at the dealership yesterday for an update (see above post). There are no active recalls on the car. Thanks for your offer of help, though.
My sale is held up purely by dealership incompetence: they made an error on title so they had to apply for a new one. I just hope it's over soon...
Ok, That sounds a lot more likely. LOL.

Hope you are driving more soon.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Awwww and here i was getting my hopes the phase 2 fix was close to being issued.

Brad95

Veteran Member
TDI
To me the restitution and extended warranty would be BIG factors in keeping the car or sending it on its way.
Valid point!. I did check CPO warranty with my local dealer's service Dept, prior to buying it. it was not showing up yet!. But then they said once sale finalized then it should show up. but then selling Dealer also sent me a copy with vin# showing certified one.

Purchase is done but car still sitting in dealer's lot in Mass. hopefully! i should be receiving by end of next week. current car (13 passat) buyback scheduled for 5th of April.