MK7 Golf TDI Fumoto

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Trimming of the plastic oil pan cover is required. It is extremely brittle plastic and easy to cut and snap off the piece required for install. Pic shows Fumoto pointed at the 6 O clock position but i decided id move it to point to the 4 O clock position instead. As you can see in the photo it woulda been fine at the 6 O clock position as it has more than 12mm clearance between it and the Ares skid plate. I have seen posts saying this isnt possible so I thought I would post pictures and clear this issue up.

Oil pan.

Fumoto installed.

Clearance above Ares skid plate.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Ha ha, I installed mine last week as well. �� I didn't have to trim the cover and left it at about the 7 o-clock position.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Hehe, I've replaced so many engines because of those silly things. One dip in the road, and they snap right off. :D:D:D Actually, even running over a dead armadillo will do it, as I recently found out.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
On the older version (straight) how tucked up the drain plug is on the oil pan, if something hits the valve it's more than likely hitting the pan as well. But I've heard the straight valve won't work due to clearance on the MK7.

oilhammer

TDI
It's the ones that stick down lower than the lowest point of the oil pan, which seems to be the most popular version the kids use on the AWP, AWW, etc. 1.8t A4 GTIs and GLIs, which use essentially the same oil pan as the ALH and BEW except they have a turbo drain hole in the side (the diesels drain their turbos directly into the block).

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
unless you're filling empty bottles, tube isn't really needed, (I just used my trusty oil catch pan)

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
It's the ones that stick down lower than the lowest point of the oil pan, which seems to be the most popular version the kids use on the AWP, AWW, etc. 1.8t A4 GTIs and GLIs, which use essentially the same oil pan as the ALH and BEW except they have a turbo drain hole in the side (the diesels drain their turbos directly into the block).

Gotcha!

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Hehe, I've replaced so many engines because of those silly things. One dip in the road, and they snap right off. :D:D:D Actually, even running over a dead armadillo will do it, as I recently found out.
I wouldnt run a Fumoto without a skid plate. I have seen the damage a mother coon can do. Hell my Ares plate already has a dent and quite a few scratches.

oilhammer

TDI
The plastic ones are a joke. I guess in Germany they have perfect roads and no critters or debris EVER. :p