235 40 18's on 8" 45 offset wheels

Skipro

TDI
2012 Jetta premium, Nav, DSG
I should perhaps just shutup and drive but my new tire and wheelcombo makes me nervious. it seems i have too much poke. This my second TDI, love the car. 2012 toffee brown, premium DSG. Anyone else running this combo? Will lowering improve the situation? i wish i could post pics for your inspection. Thanks....

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
A little poke looks good, get it lowered with sime DG springs and you will like it and show us some pics

Skipro

TDI
I am worried about the tires hitting the fenders. they are about flush or perhaps a hair outside with standard springs. I think with the geometry of strut suspension it will bring it in as it is compressed or lowered. It looks nice! Just worried about contact. thanks for the replay

deejaaa

Veteran Member
TDI
FOR SALE, 2002 Jetta GLS, 5 speed
why did you get such an odd size? how much did each tire cost ya? what about the rims(z)?

Skipro

TDI
The wheels and tires were for sale locally. 500.00 for the wheels and 600 for the tires. all new. They look great. this is my second TDI. The first was a 2011 manual. Loved it until I was hit from behind and it was totaled.

Brewmaster

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 GolF R : Oryx White
Here's mine with 235/40r18s on, 8", et 41. Mine has 2mm more poke than yours - it was okay, a little bit of rubbing on big bumps when braking now and then. But then one day four 200 lb adults got in and all hell broke loose! The rubbing was bad! I downsized to 225s and it helped a lot although I did hear a little rub one day with some weight/bump/cornering combo. I'd definitely recommend downsizing to 225s.

Had the roof painted black...

Brewmaster

Veteran Member
TDI
Yup it is! Oddly enough it was the same sort of deal as Skipro, tires and rims sold as a set brand new, they were oem dealer pulls from a CC. I couldn't find any real info at the time as to whether they would poke or rub so I said to hell with it and went with my old motto, there's one way to find out! :D

I'm fairly happy with the wheels though so it all worked out. Here's a couple more shots with the 225s on, not that you can see any difference in these shots.

coers

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW JETTA TDI, BLACK EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR AND 6SPD MANUAL
Those wheels look sick on the jetta. What trim is that since it doesn't have a sunroof and has a black roof?

Brewmaster

Veteran Member
TDI
Great shots and information. did you lower?
No it's still stock. I want to lower it but every time I get into a situation where I rub underneath going to the cottage or the like I'm reminded to stop thinking about it!! :eek:

coers

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm in Canada so it's the 'Comfortline', then I painted the roof black ;)
O ok well hey you have a nice looking Jetta. How many miles do you have on it. And have you thought about plasti dipping those wheels?

Brewmaster

Veteran Member
TDI
O ok well hey you have a nice looking Jetta. How many miles do you have on it. And have you thought about plasti dipping those wheels?
Black? No but I have thought about have them powder'd! :D I'd love to black them out but wish there was no chrome trim on the car, not sure how they will look black but I keep thinking about it. I'm at 19,000 kms so just barely past the first service. And thanks for the kudos btw.

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Confortline, Gun Metal Grey,Tech Package and DSG, Previous was 2012 Platinum Grey Jetta 6MT, 138500km
Sweet wheels! I like the look of the Interlagos CC rims on the MK6. I really want this combo!

coers

Veteran Member
TDI
Black? No but I have thought about have them powder'd! :D I'd love to black them out but wish there was no chrome trim on the car, not sure how they will look black but I keep thinking about it. I'm at 19,000 kms so just barely past the first service. And thanks for the kudos btw.
yeah i bought some plasti dip to black my wheels out. I got a black jetta so ill put it on and post a picture if I do it.

coers

Veteran Member
TDI
I didnt do the wheels yet, did the VW Emblems though.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]I didnt do the wheels yet, did the VW Emblems though.

coers

Veteran Member
TDI
Idk I gotta have enough time to does those. I was at the dealer today, and the salesman said i did a good job on them and they looked awesome. This was before I showed him the two chips on my driver side window.