land rover

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
i am guessing tdv6 means turbo diesel. i-96/69/m23/flint area.
black had four white numbers on the back like it was a fleet car.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
I've seen two of these on I-94 around Ann Arbor last year. They had Michigan manufacturer plates and were right hand drive!

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
Jack_Berry said:
i am guessing tdv6 means turbo diesel. i-96/69/m23/flint area.
black had four white numbers on the back like it was a fleet car.
__. Yeah, probably one of the Fraud Motor Co. "comparison" cars (or maybe a mileage test car). Now that Fraud sold Land Rover to Tata in India, I expect you'll see fewer and fewer of them.

__. What Land Rover model was it?

__. After Land Rover built it's own diesel engine (we called it "Project Otter" - it replaced the dreadful VM diesel engine in Range Rover, Discovery and Land Rover ["Defender"]), it was called "TDI" because that's exactly what it was. Range Rover went over to a big BMW diesel about 1998. We (at Land Rover Special Vehicles) had a Freelander cargo van about 2001 with a 4-cyl version of the Land Rover TDI; it weighed about 2050 pounds empty and it was so fun to drive. It was a rocketship and you could "throw it around" like a sports car. I loved that little van.

2slowtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 ALH Bora gone. 2006 Benz CDI 235hp 420ftlbstq
The LR3 will have a diesel V6 in in 2010 in the U.S. a 2.7L.
In the EU they have a V8 diesel in the Ranger Rover.

It would be nice to have the Diesels here, mine gas LR gets 16mpg and the diesels LR's get 26mpg hwy.

F1 tuning

Vendor
TDI
Varios TDI
Land Rover

Land Rover was planning to enter the market in the US, but now changes can hapen, maybe sooner , becouse FORD is not the best on do thinks right, Ford Diesels EU are done ok, and prices are very competitive but is not thinking to enter the market, too busy to figure out wy Pick Up truck won't sell....lol...

Last edited: