I have a 2014 TDI 6spd Passat need Battery

sws@att.net

TDI
2014 Passat
Went to Costco, they have great interestate batteries, and they said I needed a fitment code 33, except they dont have one of those. Has anyone used another fitment code battery in their Passat? I love the Costco batteries, 30 months full replacement warranty, and they really work great. Any advice please sws@att.net

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
I wouldnt recommend a different fitment. Vw has 36 month free replacement on their battery, local dealer here is $136 + tax (if u install)

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
+2 on OEM. Currently 3year/2 year warranty, around $150.
Plenty of threads on the subject, many have regretted going away from OEM battery.

FYI, these cars (all newer cars, in fact) are power hogs. Consensus seems to be 3-4 years, at most.

RandomGuy

TDI
2014 Passat SE Manual
Went to Costco, they have great interestate batteries, and they said I needed a fitment code 33, except they dont have one of those. Has anyone used another fitment code battery in their Passat? I love the Costco batteries, 30 months full replacement warranty, and they really work great. Any advice please sws@att.net
My car (also a 2014 Passat) was turning over MUCH more before starting (than previous winters) and I assumed it was a battery issue - before replacing, decided to try turning the key and warming up the glow plugs once before starting each morning. Since doing that the car has started normally and I've seen no lingering battery effects.