VW clone

BadMonKey

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Focus ST
To me it looks more like a 335 clone with a hint of Mazda, still has the cheap generic looking Suzuki front end with fancy headlights.

Elfnmagik

Veteran Member
TDI
Currently De-Dub'd
I think the back looks Audi'sh. The only way I would drive one would be with an aftermaket grille and after I had pryed the "Kizashi" plate off. It's made by Suzuki from the ground up and seems to be quite a driver. Tuned at Nürburgring. I saw it on Speed Channel's 'Test Drive' hosted by Tommy Kendall with Tommy Hayden.

BadMonKey

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Focus ST
Elfnmagik said:
I think the back looks Audi'sh. The only way I would drive one would be with an aftermaket grille and after I had pryed the "Kizashi" plate off. It's made by Suzuki from the ground up and seems to be quite a driver. Tuned at Nürburgring. I saw it on Speed Channel's 'Test Drive' hosted by Tommy Kendall with Tommy Hayden.
They need something to turn themselves around and distance themselves from GM.

BadMonKey

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Focus ST
mysql said:
why would anyone buy this car? same cost as a jsw but 20 mpg city?
I don't think your getting a fully loaded anything VW for $25K and the fuel economy is almost identical to that of the JSW gasser (20-29mpg vs 22-30mpg).

The interior is actually pretty clean except for that nasty steering wheel. The back end and sides have nice simple lines but that cross hatch grill with the big S is just stupid looking.

mysql

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta wagon
BadMonKey said:
I don't think your getting a fully loaded anything VW for $25K and the fuel economy is almost identical to that of the JSW gasser (20-29mpg vs 22-30mpg).

The interior is actually pretty clean except for that nasty steering wheel. The back end and sides have nice simple lines but that cross hatch grill with the big S is just stupid looking.

my 2010 jsw cost $24xxx before tax/title/tag/etc. So with dealer fee it's right at 25.

BadMonKey

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Focus ST
mysql said:
my 2010 jsw cost $24xxx before tax/title/tag/etc. So with dealer fee it's right at 25.
Nice work, all the ones on the lots here are loaded and they want $29-31K according to the sticker. So my comparison was loaded sticker price versus loaded sticker price.

mysql

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta wagon
From reading the article, I can't tell if the 25k price tag includes the $1300 navi or not.

The VW doesn't have much in the way of upgrades. You get a sunroof and navi. The rest don't really count IMO.