So... You want to buy a NEW 2014 Jetta Sportwagen...

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
or maybe you want a sedan.. or a beetle?

I know where there are 4 wagons.. 2 black and 2 silver. The black ones do NOT have the sunroof.. They are base models WITH the DSG. The silver one that is left has Nav. I have a deposit on the silver one without nav

These are BRAND NEW!:D

PM me if you want info.

Cheers!
Peter

surfstar

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf & Passat - sold | 2016 GSW TSI
I know where they're at, too. Came across them a while back, looking for a flipper and was astonished to see that they were new, never sold '14s.

If they're under $20k - scratch that, $18k, there could be interest...
I'm sure they're more like $25k and people will foolishly buy them.

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
I know where they're at, too. Came across them a while back, looking for a flipper and was astonished to see that they were new, never sold '14s.

If they're under $20k - scratch that, $18k, there could be interest...
I'm sure they're more like $25k and people will foolishly buy them.
As usual, Surfstar, you are just chock full of positive comments, honestly if you hate these cars so much, why do you stay around here.

Oh and you dont know where ALL of them are... trust me, you dont.

surfstar

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf & Passat - sold | 2016 GSW TSI
I call it like I see it.

TDIs are great and all, but if its cheaper for me to purchase a brand new TSI and cheaper to run long-term, the TDI loses its appeal. I care more about the bottom line than the average TDI fan, apparently.
Prior to the EA888, VW gassers couldn't compete economy and performance-wise with TDIs. The gap has closed enough that I fail to see why someone would spend more $$ for an older generation "new" VW.

To each their own. If you're stoked on a 3 year old "new" car, enjoy :)
For $18k, yes that's compelling. North of $20k? Nope.
(oh and I'm not a new car snob, as noted by my cheapness above. The GSW is/was my first new car purchase at age 35)

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
PeterDanial :)

I (for one) appreciate your kindness & willingness to help other TDIers.

I am not looking for a *new* car ~~ but your post motivated me to search CARS.COM

Found 3 of them. Yeah pricy ~~ however IMO ~~ with only 3(?) left ~~ betting the stealer will get most of what he is asking. :p

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'm not sure why anyone would prefer a MKVI over a MKVII. I think the EA288 is a superior engine in, at least for the Golf and GSW, a superior platform.

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm not sure why anyone would prefer a MKVI over a MKVII. I think the EA288 is a superior engine in, at least for the Golf and GSW, a superior platform.
Well, this is my thinking,

1) the GSW looks cheap. It looks thinner and emaciated like its sucking on a lemon. Interior is cheap as well as to be expected

2) Chasis is now twist beam. another cheap move

3) interior is smaller, less headroom feels tighter in its dimensions.

4) The motor per my sources is amazingly complex and has many many more points of potential failure that will destroy your motor.

5) This is a one and done motor. Yeah, you may have a warranty but good luck in getting timely repairs down the road, much less parts

6) Stupid DEF fluid. enough said

7)Its ugly. sharp angles and cheap old japanese econobox look to it

THATS why iMHO, i would prefer a mark6 GSW over a mark 7

Your mileage may vary but your opinions are respected.

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
oh and just found 2 more sedans as well as a beetle convertible but its a stick.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I'm pretty sure only the mk7 golf got the twist beam. The gsw should have IRS. The DEF/SCR does add a little hassle and more failure points, but it also comes with significantly better fuel efficiency. Imo, both the mk6 and mk7 tdi's are great cars. I expect there will be some real bargains on used mk6's once they start fixing the buyback cars.

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm pretty sure only the mk7 golf got the twist beam. The gsw should have IRS. The DEF/SCR does add a little hassle and more failure points, but it also comes with significantly better fuel efficiency. Imo, both the mk6 and mk7 tdi's are great cars. I expect there will be some real bargains on used mk6's once they start fixing the buyback cars.

GSW does not have IRS.. The failure points are significant IMHO..

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Yeah, you're right- no IRS. That along with the smaller fuel tank would probably be my biggest gripes about the mk7. Still an excellent car, imo.

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, you're right- no IRS. That along with the smaller fuel tank would probably be my biggest gripes about the mk7. Still an excellent car, imo.

Im just not crazy about 1 year only motors especially if they are complicated

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
All i can add is I've owned a MKV, MKVI, and now a MKVII. I like the MKVII more, by a long shot. My VI had more road noise and got significantly less FE than my VII, even though the VII is still new (2,200 miles). I did like the cloth seats better on the VI, but the rest of the interior was the same, in my opinion.

I'd rather worry about DEF issues than intercooler icing.