First look at MK8 Golf

BrentRN

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have many. Now a Golf TSI.
New Volkswagen Golf MK8 set for hybrid revolution
UK car site Auto Express has some photos of the 2019 MK8 Golf. It has a mild hybrid option (diesel too but that won't be coming here). Not a dramatic change and I wished they showed more of the interior. The photo gallery has no captions so I am not sure what they are showing in some of them.

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
The editors of that site should try a little harder and at least keep the dash renders the same throughout. I love that they use the MK6 center console in one of the shots.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Sorry, I'm not interested in going hybrid. If I'm going to lose my stick (and the torque!), it will be to an electric. A Tesla electric. I don't want an over complicated gas electric with an over complicated, infinitely variable transmission! Ever!

Ps, the design of the front and rear lights in this new model have caught the over designed look that so many cars now have. My '05 still looks modern in a crisp, clean, NOT over styled way.

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Those headlights are hideous. I don't care for the rest of the front end styling either. Too much Ford fiesta for me.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
That last photo with the tdi was a little heartbreaking.

I'll wait until they can drive themselves before buying into all this newfangled technology.