Gen II 3.0 speculation(s).

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Who bought the black 14 Touareg EXEC off Ebay with 49K miles for $30K DAMN!!!

DrgRnnr

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta
Any interest in a 2013 Q7 Premium with cold weather package? Black 60k miles. Has roof racks and foot rails if buyer wants them. Very clean and all maintenance completed at Audi Raleigh, NC.

Clean title and is eligible for 50% restitution. PM me if so.

opsx

TDI
tdi
lol, Alaska guy strikes again! he just got a Jetta from Baxter Chrysler. Only 4k in it but I guess it adds up when you have all of Alaska to fill up with cars! I wonder how he's going to return them with no dealerships around.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
lol, Alaska guy strikes again! he just got a Jetta from Baxter Chrysler. Only 4k in it but I guess it adds up when you have all of Alaska to fill up with cars! I wonder how he's going to return them with no dealerships around.
What do you mean by ONLY $4K? How much profit are you trying to get lol

opsx

TDI
tdi
What do you mean by ONLY $4K? How much profit are you trying to get lol
hah... well, less than 6 and I don't bother. and that one was 4 before taxes/shipping so it would have been like 2 after all is said and done. not worth it in my book. this isn't collecting stamps... its a lot of work!

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
hah... well, less than 6 and I don't bother. and that one was 4 before taxes/shipping so it would have been like 2 after all is said and done. not worth it in my book. this isn't collecting stamps... its a lot of work!
where are you finding all these $6K profit 2.0s? Or rather, how many have you found in the last 6 months? I am sure there was a lot more of them back in the day... but now you gotta take what you can get

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L
Today has been a great one.

4 new cars added to the fleet. A6, A6, Q5, Cayenne. All under $35k.

Fourplay

TDI
2014 A8L
I will say a prayer for you tonight
Haha, I appreciate it. We are almost at 2 dozen and are running out of storage space and cash.

If anyone would like a Gen 2 car, I'd be happy to pick up cars at auction for a small fee once we're tapped out. Better than getting them through a dealership with a big markup.

Bujji_gadu

TDI
Q7
Haha, I appreciate it. We are almost at 2 dozen and are running out of storage space and cash.
If anyone would like a Gen 2 car, I'd be happy to pick up cars at auction for a small fee once we're tapped out. Better than getting them through a dealership with a big markup.
Hi, I am looking for Q5 diesel.. preferably 2014/2015 model.. for personal use.... would you please ping me?
I am in NJ

jpltdi

Veteran Member

Have you considered "leasing" out any of your fleet while you decide what to do with them? It will save your storage space and put some extra cash in your pocket.

Fourplay

TDI
2014 A8L
Have you considered "leasing" out any of your fleet while you decide what to do with them? It will save your storage space and put some extra cash in your pocket.
I daily drive one of the cars, as do my 2 business partners. But, since the cars may need to be resold or wholesaled, that would be a risky proposition. Certainly a possibility, and maybe one I would look into if we had to hold the cars for multiple years.

6 months isn't really worth the hassle, IMO. This is just a side thing for fun - not my full time career, so anything that takes a ton of time is out.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Is anyone looking for Gen 2 Touareg? I have a line on 2 for low-mid $30s with full $7,800 payment on them. One is Sport w/ Nav, second one is X. Both around 40K miles.

Let me know...

lvrpl

TDI
Passat TDI
Is anyone looking for Gen 2 Touareg? I have a line on 2 for low-mid $30s with full $7,800 payment on them. One is Sport w/ Nav, second one is X. Both around 40K miles.

Let me know...
At this point though, isn't it possible that the previous owner collected the Participation Payment (which is half of the $7800, I think), leaving only have of the $7800 for whoever buys the car now?

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
I may take you up on this offer. :)

Dropping off an 11 Lux and getting 1/2 comp on a 14 Exec this afternoon. The last two were funded within 5 days.

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 Jetta (sold, such a great car) '16 Touareg
So whats the thought, that these will probably be repaired then resold by VW in a few months? I'm interested in one, just unsure of whether it would be better to go now or wait until the repair. (If thats what happens)

BLyons

TDI
None right now
If you want one, buy it now. At the very least, you'll get some repair money for it. If you wait until they're repaired, the price will likely go up and you don't get any extra money out of it.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Looks like I will be picking up a 14 Luxury with under 35k miles. What's should be a good price on it?

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Looks like I will be picking up a 14 Luxury with under 35k miles. What's should be a good price on it?
Pay UNDER KBB and make sure no Former Owner claim and you should be good.

Recently bought a 14 Exec with 21K and a 14 Exec with 49K, both had full restitution, $35K and $31K respectively.

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
You interested in selling either of those?

843tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 Premium Plus, 2015 Passat SE Tdi
Pay UNDER KBB and make sure no Former Owner claim and you should be good.
Recently bought a 14 Exec with 21K and a 14 Exec with 49K, both had full restitution, $35K and $31K respectively.
How do I check to make sure there is no other claim on the vehicle?

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
How do I check to make sure there is no other claim on the vehicle?
Run the VIN through the VW website. It requires an account and about 5 minutes of your time.

843tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Run the VIN through the VW website. It requires an account and about 5 minutes of your time.
Thanks! I have not been on since all my 2.0's went back but figured I would start looking at the 3.0's around this time it is slim out there which I figured. I have seen no real updates in the news where do they stand right now on a fix for the 3.0's are any approved yet or have they submitted any?

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I wonder how accurate the claims portal is. Seems like a bit of a stretch buying a car you *think* you'll get a $8000 discount on........but I guess thats why they call it 'speculation.' ;)

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
I wonder how accurate the claims portal is. Seems like a bit of a stretch buying a car you *think* you'll get a $8000 discount on........but I guess thats why they call it 'speculation.' ;)
It is 100% accurate up to last few days. Meaning, if someone got payment yesterday, it might not show it today. But will definitely reflect it a few days later.

opsx

TDI
tdi
it definitely doesnt show cars that were already bought back (still shows a full value) so who really knows how accurate it is?

843tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
So based on that chart I imagine we should see an approved fix for all SUV's very shortly and they drug there feet on the 3.0 cars but I was pretty sure that would happen. Typically when they have submitted supplemental material an approved fix came very shortly after.