Finally a New TDI

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Was in a hurry when ordering and had the forum up on my phone. I used your part numbers to change my order so thank you.
I guess I am done on this thread since I put a K&N filter in my car and its bound to explode at some point. Thanks to anyone who answered my questions and helped me find some part numbers. Have gotten a lot of useful info off of this forum
Don't be silly. You're not done on this forum. You'll be back in 6 months asking about some issue you're having with your turbo. Then that's when the real K&N sit down talk will be had. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Have always done the k&n. Will prob do a full intake at some point.

Installing Neuspeed intake this weekend in preparation for the Rawtek kit I have laying around and malone tunes. K&N was in for a whopping 5k miles.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Post a vid of the intake sound once installed, should hear the turbo pretty good with it.

Also diesels love running hot so the added CAIT should help MPG too.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Post a vid of the intake sound once installed, should hear the turbo pretty good with it.

Also diesels love running hot so the added CAIT should help MPG too.
Apparently you can't hear the intake that much once an exhaust is added so I will get a video of before and eventually after exhaust. Really impressed with the quality of the rawtek kit hardware and welds.

Fuelly has me at 40.8 since I bought the car but higher MPG's are always appreciated!

Last edited:

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Apparently you can't hear the intake that much once an exhaust is added so I will get a video of before and eventually after exhaust. Really impressed with the quality of the rawtek kit hardware and welds.

Fuelly has me at 40.8 since I bought the car but higher MPG's are always appreciated!
Really thinking hard about a Rawtek too. What setup of theirs did you go with?

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Just went with the straight pipe eco kit (cheapest option). can upload pics of the kit if anyone is interested. Couldnt justify spending another $500 for the cat back exhaust. Will just have a local shop make the rest for under $100.

Now I just need the $1300 for stage 2 and dsg tune.... yay lol

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Really thinking hard about a Rawtek too. What setup of theirs did you go with?
Buzzken all day unless you like staring under you car at your exhaust. Exhaust piping don't have to be pretty to be functional and last for a long time. [emoji16][emoji1474]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Installing Neuspeed intake this weekend in preparation for the Rawtek kit I have laying around and malone tunes.
Apparently they had an authorization form I had to fill out before shipping and I didn't receive that until yesterday. Will get a video up when I get the intake next week.

I had a full buzzken exhaust on my MK4 tdi. Fitment for dp was good but the exhaust was about 6" off to the right from meeting the hole in rear bumper valence.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Apparently they had an authorization form I had to fill out before shipping and I didn't receive that until yesterday. Will get a video up when I get the intake next week.
I had a full buzzken exhaust on my MK4 tdi. Fitment for dp was good but the exhaust was about 6" off to the right from meeting the hole in rear bumper valence.
Cool cool, never had any fitment issues (6in off sounds like install error but nothing Ken or the vendor wouldn't have made right if not) on any MK4/5 or 6's that I've done installs on but all good. Absolutely nothing wrong with Rawtek, just spendy for a budget minded TDI guy like me. :-D

Thanks for sharing your progress

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Cool cool, never had any fitment issues (6in off sounds like install error but nothing Ken or the vendor wouldn't have made right if not) on any MK4/5 or 6's that I've done installs on but all good. Absolutely nothing wrong with Rawtek, just spendy for a budget minded TDI guy like me. :-D
Thanks for sharing your progress
I would say 4-5" was from install error (used ramps and looked under myself). At the time the car wasnt nice enough to care so I just made a new hole and slapped a long tip on it haha Nothing against buzzken and I would purchase again. Like I said DP fitment was incredible and it sounded great!

I just happened to have a connection in Canada that helped a little on price :cool:

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
I have been struck with the crystallized adblue around the.... DEF injector? Same as others have posted pics of throughout the mk7 family threads. I seem to have more crystallization than others but oh well, made an appointment with the dealership. Anybody know how long the service takes?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
All depends if they have parts on hand, should be 4 hours once that happens.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Trying to wait for deletes so I can just do it all at once. Really liked Sport Mode and the normal Drive Mode responded a lot better then my dads 15 passat.

Came with factory leds but I am kind of bummed with how dim they are. Neuspeed seems to be about the only intake for these things.

Intakes are pointless until you're past stage 2.5 (stage 2 tune, injectors, supporting upgrades, etc). I'm driving a 335d with stage 2.8 tune, aftermarket FMIC and boost hoses, full 304SS turbo-back exhaust on stock intake. I'm up around 380 hp from stock 265 hp. The stock intake is only holding me back maybe 2%. I'm doing HPFP upgrades before that. And then maybe nozzle upgrades...intake will be next to last. Intakes are really overrated unless you just love vroom vroom noises.

Bang/$ list for Tdi's:
  1. Injectors (for pre-CR engines)
  2. Tune
  3. Supporting mods you'll need once you have 1 & 2: fuel pumps, IC upgrades, boost hose upgrades
  4. ...
  5. aftermarket intakes
  6. turbo upgrades (slippery slope to budget hell begins here).

Last edited:

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
:p

In other news, my son taped a playing card to slap his bicycle spokes, and it too sounds bad-ass.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Intakes are pointless until you're past stage 2.5 (stage 2 tune, injectors, supporting upgrades, etc). I'm driving a 335d with stage 2.8 tune, aftermarket FMIC and boost hoses, full 304SS turbo-back exhaust on stock intake. I'm up around 380 hp from stock 265 hp. The stock intake is only holding me back maybe 2%. I'm doing HPFP upgrades before that. And then maybe nozzle upgrades...intake will be next to last. Intakes are really overrated unless you just love vroom vroom noises.

Bang/$ list for Tdi's:
  2. Tune
  3. Supporting mods you'll need once you have 1 & 2: fuel pumps, IC upgrades, boost hose upgrades
  4. ...
  5. aftermarket intakes
He's aware of the communities feelings on these, been through it in here, he's good with it, we're just along for the ride. [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
He's aware of the community's feelings on these, been through it in here, he's good with it, we're just along for the ride. [emoji4]
Yes, I know, but sometimes I just can't resist. Oh, and I fixed that for you...

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI

Bang/$ list for Tdi's:
  2. Tune
  4. ...
  5. aftermarket intakes
Does your car come with a hooligan sticker? Must make up some of the hp. Yes I like vroom vroom noises. The other guys have been through my posts already. Guess you were behind lol

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
Does your car come with a hooligan sticker? Must make up some of the hp. Yes I like vroom vroom noises. The other guys have been through my posts already. Guess you were behind lol
I read the entire thread. You seem to still think intakes have a benefit for your car, lol. The only way an aftermarket cold air intake will benefit your car, at your car's current state of tune, is if you drive up to the cold air intake store and pay with pennies. Then your car will accelerate away about as much faster as you think the noises make it :D

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
I read the entire thread. You seem to still think intakes have a benefit for your car, lol. The only way an aftermarket cold air intake will benefit your car, at your car's current state of tune, is if you drive up to the cold air intake store and pay with pennies. Then your car will accelerate away about as much faster as you think the noises make it :D
Please see Post #8 on the first page of this thread... :D

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Fully deleted/tuned the intake either adds 2-3 hp on a dyno or causes a decrease in hp by about the same amount. That is what I think the intake does performance wise. Why don’t you have aarodriguez hybrid turbo kit yet? There is no stage 2.5 tune for our cars unless I get it custom made. No injectors (as far as I know) unless we go with dark side. Turbo kits (besides hopeful cr190) are also darkside projects that have few test pigs. Take your pennies and buy some turbskis. Then you can add your intake onto it :p

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
I’m on a Facebook mk7 page. While visiting my girlfriends grandmas last night, two tdi gsw’s parked directly across the street. We all recognized each other’s cars and I got in trouble for spending too much time talking to them haha one had buzzken exhaust and Malone stage 2 while other was stock. Peeked under and really liked the buzzken exhaust. He even took me for a ride and I am really sad I didn’t get a gsw...

Last edited:

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
Fully deleted/tuned the intake either adds 2-3 hp on a dyno or causes a decrease in hp by about the same amount. That is what I think the intake does performance wise. Why don’t you have aarodriguez hybrid turbo kit yet? There is no stage 2.5 tune for our cars unless I get it custom made. No injectors (as far as I know) unless we go with dark side. Turbo kits (besides hopeful cr190) are also darkside projects that have few test pigs. Take your pennies and buy some turbskis. Then you can add your intake onto it :p
Nope nope nope nope. This is where the slippery slope begins, and I don't want to go broke :D That's how you get commuter cars with $25,000 of goodies in them--overvaluing the car's resale value by several times...or get stuck trying to part out semi-obsolete goodies. I call that 'getting married to your car'. :D

PS: very nice ride you got.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Nope nope nope nope. This is where the slippery slope begins, and I don't want to go broke :D That's how you get commuter cars with $25,000 of goodies in them--overvaluing the car's resale value by several times...or get stuck trying to part out semi-obsolete goodies. I call that 'getting married to your car'. :D

PS: very nice ride you got.
Haha, sadly I've totaled up everything I've done on my Golf and it sure does add up quick! I can't imagine anything else I need to do though, the car is a blast to drive!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Anybody have any experience with a cheapo hatch mount bike holder? Just found out that I need to take two bikes with me on my vacation. The bikes are fairly light (modern 21 speed and my old gutted, front brakes only, single speed). Guess I am just nervous about sturdiness and the holder scratching my paint. Plan on doing OEM roof rack and then mount on the roof but don't have funds in time for the trip.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Anybody have any experience with a cheapo hatch mount bike holder? Just found out that I need to take two bikes with me on my vacation. The bikes are fairly light (modern 21 speed and my old gutted, front brakes only, single speed). Guess I am just nervous about sturdiness and the holder scratching my paint. Plan on doing OEM roof rack and then mount on the roof but don't have funds in time for the trip.
Man, I would be scared as $hit to put that on my car... if you find a suitable cheap rack, maybe put some clearshield on the contact spots on the car. I hate anything touching my paint.
Maybe rent bikes when you get to where you are going.... it can't be that important, can it? Ha ha

*What is the MK7 Fb group you are in? It's pretty cool running into other TDI'ers on the street.

Last edited: