2010 Jetta TDI "performance" mods

JettaTDI95

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
What's up guys, I just bought a 2010 Jetta TDI. I'm in love with the car and the features it has, 50k miles. I bought it for something to get around in, I purchased an automatic not a manual due to every other car being manual, just want something different. I believe it is the DSG trans?

anyways I'm not looking to make this car a 10 second car and don't expect it to really be much faster then what is is now stock, I've had my fair share of decently fast cars, ls2 gto, vr6 stage 3, etc.

really I'm just wondering what some people are doing to get a little more power and a nicer sound to their tdi.

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
Welcome to the TDI team.
First thing is to bring it up to-date on the services.Make shore you do the DSG filter and fluid Now.

The Tune is the first thing. Put the fun back in your car! DSG tune next .
For the delete pipe if you plan to drive on the street I would not do it. you will need to pass a I/M test.
For your location Diesel fueled vehicles model year 1997 and newer must pass an OBD-II test!

gloaming

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT CR170 (Sold); 2004 R32 (not a TDI)
You can do a stage 2 and DSG while keeping all stock components intact.
I would suggest reading the intercooler icing thread.

Welcome to the forum and going forward try to use the search function when you have simple questions or google. Google search with tdiclub as a keyword will turn up tons of results for most any question you'll have.

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
We are currently working on cam modifications. We do like to work 'from the inside, out'.

When you change transmission fluid, there is a VCDS program that you need to run that resets the clutches. If you don't have the equipment, find someone who does.

There are more expensive ways to do the fill, but we bought a DSG tranny plug, drilled it for a barbed brass hose union that we cut in two (about 3/8", might get away with 1/2"), and JB welded it in place. The other half gets installed into the cap for the DSG transmission fluid container. You can spend more, but this setup is very effective.

There is supposed to be a TSB and VAG repair for the Icing. Really makes a problem; running the EGR through the intercooler...