beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
Wellllll I couldn't wait any longer ;) Next day delivery please. Should have it Thursday. Driving down to Charlottesville's Friday so it'll get a good run

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
Nope, cold air intake, copied from page;

K&N 57i PERFORMANCE INDUCTION KIT -- This Kit Is Designed To Increase Power And Acceleration, Engineered To Specific Vehicle Design, Replaces OEM Filter And Air Box With A Washable And Reusable Cone Air Filter, Works With Original Equipment Manufacturer Computer System, Includes All Required Hardware For An Easy Installation And Comes With The K&N Million Mile Limited Warranty, GROUND SHIPPING ONLY

VolkswagenJetta2005 - 20061.9L, 4 Cylinder, Turbo, DIESEL, FI, BRMTDI

Marauderer

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta "Diesel Edition"
You need to get the special sock that goes over the conical filter that keeps the sand/silicates out. Cost about $40 but it works. Made by K&N.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
beachkokopelli said:
Nope, cold air intake, copied from page;

Yeah, but it's drawing hot under-hood, non-pressurized air :eek: Where is the "cold" air coming from?

I've never understood these things :( Maybe somebody can explain how it works.

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
dieseldorf, sorry, I can't explain. I see K & N made it. They say it increases the horses in my car. I buy it. I'm a simple man!!!!

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
I'd be interested in a dyno plot, one with the stock air filter, and one with the K&N.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
beachkokopelli said:
dieseldorf, sorry, I can't explain. I see K & N made it. They say it increases the horses in my car. I buy it. I'm a simple man!!!!

You DO understand that our pd engines DO NOT lack for breathing capability?
What exactly is a '06.7 VW Jetta' ? Why do you put nitrogen in your tires? Why do you spell tires "tyres"?
Several of us are producing 150 HP without changing the intake or filter.... it is just not necessary.

Bill

Last edited:

dok

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V
Just cut a hole in the hood or fender,custom mount your new filter outside and free yourself of all that hot air. Or just route a breather through the front grill. I personally haven't personally modified yet, but will eventually come up w/ something.

David K.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
The STOCK air intake system on a Mk5 (2006) Jetta is already a low-restriction cold-air intake. The potential for any further gain is pretty darn close to 0.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
beachkokopelli said:

I could but i won't!! ^^^

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
if you haven't noticed, this guy also bought the "aero turbine muffler" :rolleyes:

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
buckweat diesel said:
stock air box dosent work with pd 150 stuff:eek:
http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/500/150PD_Airbox.pdf

Forget that K&N, get the real deal built and installed in the BIGGEST TDI motor in the A5 series!

May I suggest ordering an airbox for the PD 170!!! THIS IS THE BIG MOMMA! This box has shown it can handle 240hp to the ground WITHOUT RESTRICTION!

Its a sure thing to outflow the K&N!!!

It will out filter, outflow, outperform on EVERY LEVEL and best of all its a

COLD AIR INTAKE!!!!

I would check with the guys at www.worldimpex.com and see if they can special order it for you... Cost wise its CHEAPER than the K&N!

COMPLETE BOX AND COLD CLIMATE FILTER FOR MAXIMUM FILTER CAPABILITY:

http://www.worldimpex.com/parts/genuine-part-aircleaner_557857.html

THIS IS THE COMPLETE BOX AND COLD CLIMATE FILTER FOR MAXIMUM FILTER CAPABILITY AND ENGINE FLOW!!! Your cost:

ONLY - $141.53 :eek:
Replacement element: $22.02!

DB

Last edited:

Marauderer

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta "Diesel Edition"
Darn DBW, I had to put my earplugs in that was a major loud post.:eek: :D

But, I guess some folks just don't get it.;)

I wonder if you got their attention?:rolleyes:

I don't need no stinkin K&N cold air filter on my A5.:p

buckweat diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit truck diesel 2000 tdi
i know dbw
thanks for the info always happy to listen:)
i dont have a crap k/n its somthing else i cant remember the name k/n are maf killers and if you mount them in the fender you just bought a hoover upright:rolleyes:
but its still hot air:eek:
i like good input on things thanks guys:D

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
Hey Buckwheat (I was dying to say that), It's not pointed at you but the original poster. He was in such a hurry to buy some hack job air filter that he did not take the time to find that he purchased an over priced under performing system that REDUCES ENGINE POWER and INCREASES THE COMBUSTION TEMPERATURES (again shouting at the orginal goon that started this thread).

DB

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
well, this young fella's got it all figured out.

The best of both worlds: cold air AND K&N quality filtration !!

dok

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V
dieseldorf said:
The best of both worlds: cold air AND K&N quality filtration !!

Isn't that one of those curb feelers you use to see on those Detroit built cars of days gone by...

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
40x40 I spell tires as tyres as I'm english. I heard nitrogen adds MPG to the car - verdicts still out on that one. My car was made in July of 2006 - a car dealer said there are slight differences made from any 2006 VW TDI from June onwards. I sent the Aero Turbine muffler back prior to taking it out of the box. Took the K & N drop in filter out and replaced it with the OEM one. And it never fails to amaze how much BS some people can come out with when there's hundreds of miles between them and the person their trying to insult. There's plenty of cones out there to replace the K & N anyway.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
beachkokopelli said:
40x40 I spell tires as tyres as I'm english. I heard nitrogen adds MPG to the car - verdicts still out on that one. My car was made in July of 2006 - a car dealer said there are slight differences made from any 2006 VW TDI from June onwards. I sent the Aero Turbine muffler back prior to taking it out of the box. Took the K & N drop in filter out and replaced it with the OEM one. And it never fails to amaze how much BS some people can come out with when there's hundreds of miles between them and the person their trying to insult. There's plenty of cones out there to replace the K & N anyway.
No insult intended, this subject (K&N, engine breathing, increasing fuel vs. increasing air for more power) has been discussed/trolled to death. A simple search of this site would have told you all of these things. Yes, the nitrogen in the tire thing is BS too. There are slight changes to the cars as VW, like most car builders makes running changes and reserves the right to do so as they wish. The stock filters are about as good as they get. That can be learned also by reading this forum/site.
Thoughtful questions deserve thoughtful answers..... The reverse is also true.

Now, you got a problem?

Bill

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
beachkokopelli said:
And it never fails to amaze how much BS some people can come out with when there's hundreds of miles between them and the person their trying to insult.
Only a few miles seperating us and I'm still going to call you an idiot for buying the K&N. ;)

Junk..

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta PD150, 98 Jetta TDI
40X40 said:
You DO understand that our pd engines DO NOT lack for breathing capability?
What exactly is a '06.7 VW Jetta' ? Why do you put nitrogen in your tires? Why do you spell tires "tyres"?
Several of us are producing 150 HP without changing the intake or filter.... it is just not necessary.

Bill
PPL including myself put nitrogen in our tires due to the fact that nitrogen absorbs moisture while compressed air doesnt. so if you put nitrogen in your tire it will keep he inner part of the tire from corroding and cracking. also you wont have to check you air pressures as often. due to the fact that unlike air when it gets hot your psi in your tire will increase. but nitrogen stays the same at all times. a little off topic but just wanted to stat why ppl fill them with nitrogen;)