gasbuddy.com poll on alternative fuels

cmitchell

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS black / black leather
There is currently a poll on http://gasbuddy.com/ asking which alternative fuel you would like to see replace oil. Right now hydrogen and ethanol are way ahead. I thought if we all went there and voted for biodiesel maybe we could bring that percentage up. Gasbuddy has a site for every state, Canadian province, and major city. You can vote on each site you visit. I normally visit www.oregongasprices.com but I have just this morning voted on about 10 sites. This is a chance to let our views be known! Just go to the site, scroll down a bit, and the poll will be on the left side of your screen. ;)

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
I voted.

To bad there wasn't a selction for small common sense cars.

No amount of alternative fuels can power 6000lbs Soccermoms SUV's, forever.

serenityjames

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Manual
I voted, too. For bio-diesel of course.

I have never been enamored of ethanol. Why trade enslavement to oil producing nations for enslavement to corn producing states and their toadies in congress?

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
make sure you clear you cookies and vote again.

you could probably even write a macro to clear cookies and vote from your computer all night long...

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
also, did anyone read the "Discuss" sections

Veteran San Jose
Every one of the fuels we use, will use, bring their own problem sets.
My little point is that we can bioengineer plants to the point that they might be able to return more energy than it takes to produce but these bioengineer plants will then learn human behavior and start taking over the world.
There is still over 100 years worth of oil left, so let's go ahead and use it now. I'm going to do my part.
what? i'm not sure this is a poll i even want to be a part of.

hank miller

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta
serenityjames said:
I voted, too. For bio-diesel of course.

I have never been enamored of ethanol. Why trade enslavement to oil producing nations for enslavement to corn producing states and their toadies in congress?
This makes no sense. Corn producing regions are also the regions that produce bio-diesel. (WVO is a non-factor because there isn't that much of it)

Doesn't matter if it is ethanol or biodiesel, it comes from the same area. (Algae biodiesel looks promising as far as bringing desert areas into use, but so far it has not done well getting out of the test tube stage)