Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

gardentender

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
Jetta GL 5 spd, 2001, Galactic Blue
last week when i filled up here in the Dallas area, B100 was $2.849 gal and ULSD at a Valero station was $2.899 gal. No doubt it has gone up since, but it will be another week before i need to fill up again.

DrSmile

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS PD 5spd Wagon
I paid $2.839 here (North New Jersey) at the local Hess, rug was $2.959. For some reason it smokes much less all the sudden. Maybe they switched to ULSD?

ICNTDRV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI
Drove 120 miles between my parent's house to mine, through the country. Price of D2 ranged from 2.839 (where my parents live) up to 3.059 (where I work)

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
Saw an Exxon in North Jersey that had diesel at $3.389, kept going. :eek:

Yuan

TDI
Golf, 2006, silver
$3.39 in New York, Westchester county. For many months at this gas station I was paying $3.19. It jumped .20 between fill ups.:(

DK

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Golf 6 speed
$3.02 Mobil D2 in central Massachusetts. A gentleman driving an Audi walked over from the gas pumps to ask about my mpgs. He thought $3.02 for my fuel was a bargain. Compared to his gas price, and what some of you are seeing to fuel your TDIs, I suppose he is right. Where will it all end? :confused:

MJE32

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI 5 speed GLS
Today in the Des Moines area, I couldn't find it for less than $3.219. Last week it was $3.039 most everywhere.:mad:

goalie66

Diesel is around $3.10 here in Illinois near St. Louis. I am getting my 2006 Beetle TDI tomorrow. Trading in a Durango.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
cmitchell said:
Last week: $3.17. This week: $3.53.
I am not surprised. The Pacific Northwest is a tough place to be right now. But the Midwest, from Illinois to Colorado, is catching up; strong demand is pushing up prices quickly, as the fall grain harvest moves into full speed.

And it appears that, despite all the advance warning, some fuel terminals are not ready for ULSD. And at least one or two refineries.

Vox Fatalis

TDI
2000 New Beetle GLS, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD (Does that count?)
Last I checked, diesel was over $3.30/gal in the Seattle area.

But B99 biodiesel was $3.049/gal... my car smells like chow mein... :D

I'm really curious why gas companies are singling out diesel for price rapes -er hikes... don't they know that increasing diesel costs increases commercial transporations costs, thereby increasing retail, grocery, and restaurant costs? Someone needs to be hung with a gas hose...

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Vox Fatalis said:
I'm really curious why gas companies are singling out diesel for price rapes -er hikes... don't they know that increasing diesel costs increases commercial transporations costs, thereby increasing retail, grocery, and restaurant costs? Someone needs to be hung with a gas hose...
Again, it must be pointed out that oil companies do not set prices. Prices are rising quickly in the Pacific NW because that region relies almost entirely on Alaskan oil. Prices are rising, though less rapidly, in the Midwest because of increased demand during the crop harvest. Prices are rising generally because of high crude prices globally, and because winter is approaching in the northern hemisphere.

You could blame BP for the current problem. But BP will lose money, every other oil company will make more money, because of the pipeline problem in Alaska.

As for gasoline, the summer driving season is nearly over. Demand for gasoline will decline over the next several months.

Vox Fatalis

TDI
2000 New Beetle GLS, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD (Does that count?)
TornadoRed said:
Again, it must be pointed out that oil companies do not set prices. Prices are rising quickly in the Pacific NW because that region relies almost entirely on Alaskan oil. Prices are rising, though less rapidly, in the Midwest because of increased demand during the crop harvest. Prices are rising generally because of high crude prices globally, and because winter is approaching in the northern hemisphere.

You could blame BP for the current problem. But BP will lose money, every other oil company will make more money, because of the pipeline problem in Alaska.

As for gasoline, the summer driving season is nearly over. Demand for gasoline will decline over the next several months.
Perhaps I didn't clarify, for which I apologize.

My suprise is how diesel fuel is taking the hit. My understanding was that diesel came from the Southeast US, not Alaska.

If it were regular to premium fuel, I'd not be too suprised. But they chose to hit diesel. I'm just not sure why.

But then again, I sort of wonder if BP isn't wagging the dog to eke a few more dollars out of consumers. Probably nothing wrong with the pipeline ;) But that's just my pessimistic conspiracy theory and should be taken with a huge bag of salt.

jumpn

Veteran Member
TDI
former 2003 gls Jetta
3.29 to 3.39 here in Omaha. Just bought tdi 3 weeks ago, now my wife keeps "reminding" me how much more expensive diesel is than gas. Diesel is .15 to .30 more than 10% ethanol unleaded here.

RichOxfordBlue

TDI
2006 Jetta Pkg 1
My wife says the same thing. Have to reminder her that the TDI gets about 40% better MPG then my last car, so the delta in price has to be pretty high to catch up. Now she's on the price of engine oil......

dmwogan

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GL TDI, 5A
$2.99 at a few Shells here in South Austin. These do carry B20 though, so that is sweet. A few other places(D2) have been $2.99... I'm really waiting for the prices to drop.