Tint on a graphite blue golf

lonniebear

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 6M 4dr.
Anyone have a blue graphite golf with tint? I cant decide if i should get all the windows tinted the same or do the rear and back window darker?

superbutta808

TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6sp MT
Been debating the same thing on a shark blue golf. I think I'll go the 35% all around. I believe the window film I've chosen is 3M CS color stable, non metallic. A guy in Bethesda, MD quoted me 159.00 to do it all.

lonniebear

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 6M 4dr.
in texas we can do 25% on front windows and any level on back and rear. i'm thinking 35% on front side windows and darker on the others. would love to see pics.

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
have you considered the UV blocking windshield tint?
It works, I have had a 70 on my windshields in the last 5 or 6 cars and it works wonderful, only a trained eye can tell it is there. As long as you are in a state with no inspection stickers, you are fine and it'll make the drive a lot more comfortable.

ToeBall

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
It was Solar Shade-Humble. I think I payed $99 and they did it in under an hour. No I didn't get the roof tinted, just the windows. It's just standard, off the shelf 3M ceramic tint. Nothing special. I wouldn't drive all the way from Lake Jackson there though. There's gotta be some other descent shops closer. The only real reason I went with these guys is that they took good care of my brother when he had problems with his tint on his Z06 (very common because of the shape of the back window).

Last edited:

IceRaider360

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf DSG

Here is my 2011 Golf TDI Graphite Blue with full tint on the rear passengers and back window, its a little dirty but the tint looks awesome :D. I went with a gray tint instead of purple and unfortunately its illegal to tint the front windows in Saskatchewan :(.

rambalu80

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 VW JSW TDI DSG
It was Solar Shade-Humble. I think I payed $99 and they did it in under an hour. No I didn't get the roof tinted, just the windows. It's just standard, off the shelf 3M ceramic tint. Nothing special. I wouldn't drive all the way from Lake Jackson there though. There's gotta be some other descent shops closer. The only real reason I went with these guys is that they took good care of my brother when he had problems with his tint on his Z06 (very common because of the shape of the back window).

Thanks ToeBall, that sounds like a good price. I'm still looking around and will probably get around to doing it sometime early next month.

lonniebear

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 6M 4dr.
Here is my 2011 Golf TDI Graphite Blue with full tint on the rear passengers and back window, its a little dirty but the tint looks awesome :D. I went with a gray tint instead of purple and unfortunately its illegal to tint the front windows in Saskatchewan :(.
thanks for the pic. what level of tint is on the rear windows? looks pretty dark.

that sucks that you can't tint the front ones. texas just changed the law a couple of years ago to allow DARKER tint on the front windows. we went from 35% to 25%.

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
35% up front, 45% the rest of the way around.
I think you mean 45% up front and 35% all around. The lower the number, the lower the light transmitted. Five percent is limo and 70% is nearly clear. (I'm a tint geek.)

IceRaider360

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf DSG
thanks for the pic. what level of tint is on the rear windows? looks pretty dark.

that sucks that you can't tint the front ones. texas just changed the law a couple of years ago to allow DARKER tint on the front windows. we went from 35% to 25%.
Glad I can help, I don't know what percentage, but they basically told me it's limo tint.

Last edited: