Door lock not working properly

PoliPino

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
So I think I have another new issue on the JSW. The rear passenger door will not always unlock with the remote. I have the car set to unlock all doors on the first push, but even hitting unlock multiple times will not unlock that door. It's also the only door that it will happen to. The only way to open the door is to pull the inside door handle, and that will unlock it. Even hitting the unlock button on the driver's door, the lock light on the rear door stays lit while the others turn off.

Anyone else seeing any similar issues with the door locks? I'll be contacting the dealer soon for the repair. They were pretty good with getting the bluetooth module fixed, so hopefully they'll find this issue OK as well.

So far my car as definitely lived up to VW's electrical reputation LOL :rolleyes:

Elfnmagik

Veteran Member
TDI
Currently De-Dub'd
Bump. As (my) luck would have it, at 42K my front passenger lock is doing the exact same. Was this ever resolved?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Door latch assemblies and wiring harnesses. OBD works. CCM probably has a DTC stored already.

KraftwerkB6

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
I would place money that it is the door latch in which ever door is having the issue.
Starting to see more JSW's with rear door latch issues. Under Warranty so no biggie.

Elfnmagik

Veteran Member
TDI
Currently De-Dub'd
Thanks guys. So OBD will pull the code? Will VCDS give more detailed info? Also, but does anyone know of a good tutorial for pulling the skin on the door for inspection/replacement?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I had my passanger door act up a couple times, over the past year, eventually i was able to lock/unlock enough to get it free. I didn't bring it up in to the dealer during my 30K service.

But will probably stop by before 36K.

Is there any preventitive maintance we can do to help these locks last longer than 40-60K?

nimesh

TDI
2010 JSW grey/black/6MT/pano
Rear passenger door will not unlock

I have the exact same problem on my 2010 VW TDI JSW. Had my second (20,000 miles) service done recently and brought this up with the dealer. They said that "they fiddled with the child-safety lock lever and now it works fine" (Quirk VW, Braintree, MA). I confirmed that the door was indeed unlocking and opening from outside when I picked up the car from the dealer. But on arriving home after a 15 mile drive, I noticed the problem had returned again. I will now try taking it to another VW dealer closer to my home. This is the second problem I have had with this car- the passenger side window would rattle when rolled up or down, or when left partially open. The dealer fixed this problem successfully- replaced the motor assembly.
The car is great otherwise- wonderful to drive and good mileage, but I have to say that reliability and quality control is poor. My Nissan Maxima never had any problems for the first ten years of ownership. I will probably get rid of this car- it is too scary to think of expensive problems as soon as warranty runs out.

So I think I have another new issue on the JSW. The rear passenger door will not always unlock with the remote. I have the car set to unlock all doors on the first push, but even hitting unlock multiple times will not unlock that door. It's also the only door that it will happen to. The only way to open the door is to pull the inside door handle, and that will unlock it. Even hitting the unlock button on the driver's door, the lock light on the rear door stays lit while the others turn off.
Anyone else seeing any similar issues with the door locks? I'll be contacting the dealer soon for the repair. They were pretty good with getting the bluetooth module fixed, so hopefully they'll find this issue OK as well.
So far my car as definitely lived up to VW's electrical reputation LOL :rolleyes:

twobilly

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI (09/09)
Door latch assemblies and wiring harnesses. OBD works. CCM probably has a DTC stored already.
+1 on this. I had both driver side doors come down with this affliction in sequence. Codes set and was able to retrieve with VCDS. Dealer fixed easily enough. My dealer had seen this before.
Good luck to OP.