What did you do to your MK7 today?

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Those Weathertechs look real good in there. Any fitment issues?
Fits like a glove! No struggle, snug, cradles nicely over. Totally worth the money. Lifetime warranty.

Actually holds dirt and water.

I sold the monster oem, paid for the weather tech and pocketed $150 on top of it. Bought me a free block heater I need to install.

Is Meguiar Ultimate similar to ArmorAll cleaner, or ArmorAll conditioner? No offense if it's in a different realm - I seriously do not know.
It's the same. Not sure what's different besides price and name.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
...I sold the monster oem, paid for the weather tech and pocketed $150 on top of it...
You sold a set of Monster Mats for $300.00+?:eek: Can you let me know who bought them? I have a bridge that I want to sell...

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Fits like a glove! No struggle, snug, cradles nicely over. Totally worth the money. Lifetime warranty.

Actually holds dirt and water.

I sold the monster oem, paid for the weather tech and pocketed $150 on top of it. Bought me a free block heater I need to install.

It's the same. Not sure what's different besides price and name.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Nice.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
First oil change on my '15 GSW. 9860 miles on the car. First, I fail to see what the big deal is regarding oil changes on the EA288. Is it harder than an ALH? Yes. Harder than a B4? Maybe not. And it's easier than an A3 if you use the sludge fighter spin on filter.

Job went smoothly. I pulled the A/C harness (I think that's what it is) out of the way and used the IDParts funnel. Didn't get oil on any of the hoses or harnesses. Belly pan came off and back on easily. I wonder how long the insulation is going to last, however.

My car is 2 months shy of its 4th birthday. 10K miles in 4 years isn't very much. I think I'd already passed 100K miles on IBW by the time it was 4 years old.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Finally decided to sell my 2010 with 250k back to vw and turned right around and picked up a 2015 golf lol. Love it! Had it about a month and had to mod it a bit so it'd have the same get up my deleted 2010 had[/IMG]
Bummer with kerma, you can't get the true benefits of a deleted ride you gave up on the 2010.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
My car is 2 months shy of its 4th birthday. 10K miles in 4 years isn't very much. I think I'd already passed 100K miles on IBW by the time it was 4 years old.
IBW probably didn't spend the first almost 3 years sitting in a time out in a stop sale hold & then when finally on the road, didn't have to compete with IBW for your driving attention.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Right on both counts. I've driven to NC, upstate NY, and now in NYC in the last month. All in IBW. Old habits die hard.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
on a 2015? tell me more
For some reason, I don't get notifications of this thread being updated (!?).

Yes - just a little under $2K USD for everything. Ordered from apg.org.pl (Poland) - who (as most Europeans do), have pretty decent English. (Certainly a lot better than my Polish. :D).

Anyway, what I got was what they call the MIB2 High 8'' FL kit: 8" flat-screen, hi-res display; MIB2 head unit; new piano black trim piece to go around the display and vents (actually, I got new vents, too).
You can get it with SIM card slot, Sirius, and/or both of those option.

Installation was by far the easiest of any install I've done in previous Mk4 or Mk5 cars (as one would expect, I guess with OEM parts).
Also required to make use of the CarPlay or Android Auto is a USB / Aux-in port to replace the MDI port in the cubby ahead of the gear selector. They'll sell that, but I'd already purchased that from Aliexpress for like $50 or so (previous attempt at replacing the atrocious MIB1 system).

The canonical thread on doing this swap / upgrade (at least, the one that has provided me with the most info, and gave me the courage to pull the trigger) is this one at Vortex. First post (and thus pricing, some options, and some part numbers) is a little out-dated. Contact APG if you're interested and they'll help you out.

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Sadly, this happened:

Broke an axle. Mercifully it happened right down the street from IDParts. In the past three weeks the car's been to North Carolina, Syracuse NY, and on Tuesday I was in Manhattan, and in New Hampshire yesterday. So I consider the breakdown location very, very fortunate.

Axles are original, 371K on them. Most of them in a car that's modified. And they include a lot of track days. I suspect it's the left inner joint that failed, but I'm replacing both axles. Seems like it's time.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Sounds like you got your moneys worth out of them! Glad it happened to you though as it would be heading to the junk yard for the average owner, more than likely.

ssffnomad

Veteran Member
TDI
2015, GSW, S, TDI, 6MT. 5/2017
Boy she still looks good, get her fixed.
It’s got to have a comfy feel like a well broke in pair of shoes.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hmmmm....intrigued by this AID thing, I am... :D

The major thing that gives my pause, though (apart from the $1000), is that there's probably some control module involved, apart from the MIB2 unit. For example, when I swapped in my steering wheel with paddle shifters (Canadian cars, even in highest trim, didn't get paddles :( ), the wheel had button for adaptive cruise control (ACC), as opposed to regular cruise control which is on our (at least "my") cars. The "front assist" sensor seems to be the only hardware needed to do ACC, so I figured I should be able to make it work.

Tried everything possible coding option I could find, looked and asked in a bunch of forums - no luck on making it work. In fact, regular cruise wouldn't even work.

In the end, I ended up prying off the inner plastic trim piece of my old steering wheel (which houses the cruise and all other controls) and transferring it over to the "paddles" wheel.

Last edited:

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Popped open the hood to point out to a (Mk7) friend the AdBlue injector to show where the Phase2 fix work was to happen, only to discover:

:mad:

Follow along with me if you will; in the first 58K km with this car, I never saw the slightest hint of that DEF crystallization (I did occasionally took a peak, having seen the leaky DEF injector threads on the forum here). 2500km later, though, I see the above.

So, then I take it in for the Phase2 fix, and they need to keep it for another day because "we noticed there was a small leak on the DEF injector, so we wanted to get that taken care of while we're in there."
Then they need to keep it another day because "the [can't remember the details] on the first one we brought in was broken, so we sent out for another one".

So - who wants to take a guess at what the REAL story was? :D

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I'm told Adblue injector failure is very common in the EA288 engine. We had a supplier at our place showing us his '15 Passat and his was leaking, too.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
I stopped by my local auto paint supplier to have a rattle can of Night Blue made up for a few little details...
Very nice! And practical; it won't show dirty fingerprints any longer.

I like the idea of bringing the exterior color inside a bit. I installed SEL seats in my beige interior SE and the charcoal/grey upholstery (the only SEL color scheme) doesn't coordinate with the beige that well IMHO. I prefer cloth upholstery over leather anyway, so I'm going to reupholster them in cloth in a GTI-style that will have the seat center panel a beige-background plaid w/ some blue in it that matches the Silk Blue exterior.

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Took my car into the Dealership on Thursday night to have the 3 issues I've had inspected
and to get on their list for repair before my 3/36 warranty ran out.

My only issues were:
Rear defrost has had 2 dead spots since New. Both on opposite sides of the window, and only halfway across.
They are sending my photos in to VW to see if I can get a whole new rear glass.

Trim around the DSG Shifter is delaminating its brushed metal layer and creating a very
sharp edge for when you reach into the cubby in front of the shifter.

and a whole new Fuel door/Fuel door latch mechanism because one time I couldn't get into the door when
I needed to fill up my DEF during an oil change and unlike the MK4 I am used to , this door doesn't pop open
from the latch... it delaminated (AKA broke all of the tabs that hold it to the door arm) the painted surface....

Apparently the door push in pop out release is a common thing to cause problems.

I also had to decline the Phase 2 fix because I am not past 40k miles and I figured if I am going to have
them do the Phase 2 fix, It wont be until after 40k so they have to put both kits of parts on the car.

Its a good thing I went in on Thursday because the car crossed 36k Yesterday. I'm on track to likely need my 40k service at the October GTG in Michigan so that'll be a good time.

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I'm told Adblue injector failure is very common in the EA288 engine. We had a supplier at our place showing us his '15 Passat and his was leaking, too.
Tried to check mine in the 2015 Beetle but couldn't find it. Didn't seem to be in the same location as the pictures I have seen here. Any idea where to look on a 2015 Beetle? I saw nothing over flowing with white crystals anyway.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Tried to check mine in the 2015 Beetle but couldn't find it. Didn't seem to be in the same location as the pictures I have seen here. Any idea where to look on a 2015 Beetle? I saw nothing over flowing with white crystals anyway.

Here's the location on my GSW: