05 Passat Wagon GLS TDI oil pressure issue?

Coulour King

TDI
05 Passat Wagon GLS TDI
Hey all i'm new to the TDI world and am having some issues with my new whip.

so i bought it as a mechanic's special, being told it ONLY needed a new turbo, which checked out considering you could HEAR the bearing in the turbo when you turned it over, and the exhaust would bellow smoke if you let it run for too long. weird thing though, it didnt throw any notifications on the dash aside from a check engine light (at the time i wasnt aware that it'd do anything more than that)

so we swapped the turbo and fired her up, we got i believe 7 different OBD2 codes, we looked at the first which was p0238 (Turbo Boost Pressure Sensor. A Circuit High) and then my dad decided to kill the engine, let it sit and check back a few minutes later. this time we ran the reader and it only threw 6 codes, but still started with p0238

now... here's the obnoxious part. my dad cleared all of the codes thinking he only cleared the first one. he threw his arms up and basically gave up for the day after that lol. but i kept digging at it and noticed that the dash read Emissions Workshop, and later that night it actually threw out p0118. if i let it idle it no longer blew out smoke but if i gave it any form of acceleration for longer than a few seconds the oil light would come on and the dash would simply read STOP which freaked me the fudge out and i killed the engine.

soo i did all the research i could, found that p0118 was the ECT which i swapped out, all gravy there but now i get NO codes from the OBD2 and i still get that oil light and the STOP prompt if i attempt to accelerate. im legit scared to take it out for a drive cycle and am wondering what my next step should be?

My dad believes it's still the turbo boost pressure sensor that needs swapping since he remembers the p0238 but... idk. any help would be appreciated!