2017 Jaguar 2.0 L Diesel

TJGarvin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI DSG Comfortline
Does anyone have anything other than marketing on the 2 litre diesel they're offering across the board on next years models? :confused:
I'm simply not knowledgeable enough in their offering to be comfortable, but with the uncertainty on the future for my TDI, Jag's low end "might" be a consideration as a replacement.

ktr

TDI
'12 Passat TDI & '12 E350 Bluetec
My concern is the still high depreciation of Jaguars. Count me interested in the second-hand market.

Tin Man

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Daughter's: 2004 NB TDI PD GLS DSG (gone to pasture)
Does anyone have anything other than marketing on the 2 litre diesel they're offering across the board on next years models? :confused:
I'm simply not knowledgeable enough in their offering to be comfortable, but with the uncertainty on the future for my TDI, Jag's low end "might" be a consideration as a replacement.
I test drove a 2017 XE 2.0d Prestige version and it was fantastic. The handling is definitely up to sports car standards. The ride was superb. Road noise was noticeable. The steering was much better than a new 3-series. The transmission did not "hunt gears" and the engine felt fine.

Reported fuel economy comes close to 50 mpg on highway trips.

My wife is thinking of getting this.

TM

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
Stick shift or bust.