2005 bhw marine stand alone

Tnairn

TDI
2.0 bhw - jet boat
Everything is on the link posted below.
I have had the engine at the shop getting some work done, stuff i dont have the tooling for.
So ill pick it up next week, assemble and start lookinh at wiring and fueling

Tnairn

TDI
2.0 bhw - jet boat
Okay, since my last comment about my fuel pump options was kind of skipped after i asked about torque app and dongle. I have not seen the factory lift pump and sender, but would i be able to re purpose that fairly easily for my jet boat fuel tank.
And does anybody know the depth of the pump?

Tnairn

TDI
2.0 bhw - jet boat
Talking with the guy who is hoping to build my harness, he was saying the fuel level sender is not wired into the ecu and only read in the gauge cluster, so torque app does not see it?
Is this true

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Talking with the guy who is hoping to build my harness, he was saying the fuel level sender is not wired into the ecu and only read in the gauge cluster, so torque app does not see it?
Is this true
That sound right. I'm up at TDI Fest, heading home today, so I don't have access to my Bentley wiring diagrams. Unless someone else chimes in, I'll let you know tomorrow.

Also on the subject of EGT, if you are doing an EGR delete, you can just drill and tap the block-of plate for the sensor.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Just checked the Bentley and your friend is correct. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a .pdf of the wiring diagram.

Tnairn

TDI
2.0 bhw - jet boat
Can anybody tell me if this is a inlet or a outlet? I want to use for one sode of my oil cooler i just need to know flow?

You will have to open this to another page if it does not show up.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Since it is coming off the same boss as the thermostat, my guess is that it's an outlet.

Kevinski4

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Correct - Torque, Dash Commander read OBDII data - BHW's Exhaust Temp sensor was not OBDII - only VCDS can read it.

Source - I have VCDS, torque, and ScanguageII. VCDS is the only thing that will read the Exh Temp sensor on the BHW.
The EGT sensor is OBDII, the other genaric tools you tried just apparently don't have the address for that particular sensor.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
The EGT sensor is OBDII, the other genaric tools you tried just apparently don't have the address for that particular sensor.
OK then, I've since tried VCDS in generic OBDII mode, MY SGII, Torque, and the OBDII scanner in my flashzilla. None of them read it.

You mind telling us which generic OBDII scanner can read the EGT sensor on a BHW?:confused:

Tnairn

TDI
2.0 bhw - jet boat
I thought I had the back of the head and tandem pump all sorted out but I found a fuel line diagram that has me confused now.

Fuel filter side of the PD pump is my fuel supply(top) and fuel return (bottom)
Turbo side I have the vacuum fitting, and below that I have a nose hard out of the back of the head that I do not know what it is for?

Can some one enlighten me please.

I really wish I know how to post pics to this forum

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
That would be the outlet from the vac part of the tandem pump. In order to suck air in (create vacuum) it has to go somewhere right? :D

Tnairn

TDI
2.0 bhw - jet boat
Last edited:

Tnairn

TDI
2.0 bhw - jet boat
From the n75 valve the hose that goes to the air box, does it go on the turbo side of the filter or the atmosphere side of the fit filter, I do not plan on running a air box and am curious as to what I should do with this?
It it just the intake air for the vacuum pump and could just be run where ever with a cmall filter on it?

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
It's on the filtered side. You could run it anywhere with a small filter if desired. As the n75 works, it needs air to allow the vacuum to function. That hose is where it gets the air from.

Tnairn

TDI
2.0 bhw - jet boat
That's what I figured, I just didn't want to put it too close to the turbo thinking it maw have issues fighting the turbo for air