2014 passat tdi auto...

ironmonkey

TDI
01 golf tdi 5spd
I have looked and looked and looked.... I am currently deployed and cant really look at them in person. first off this car is not for me it is for my wife. second she doesnt want to have any issues and i havent heard anything good about the autos. i also dont know anything about the new engines. is there any bugs that need to be fixed. i am just looking for problems that might come up. also possible fixes.

thanks

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
The potential for something to become an issue exists with anything. There isn't any one thing in particular that stands out though with the Passat. Some have had issues but it seems VW has taken care of them. It isn't so much the issues but how they are handled by the dealer. Check out the dealer ratings in your area and/or trusted mechanics from our list here (link in my signature below).

ironmonkey

TDI
01 golf tdi 5spd
i know that there is a potential of issues with anything just hear things about the turbos and the autos and wanted to know if there was anything that i really need to worry about. i know that my 01 tdi 5 speed is bullet proof IMHO. just want the best for the wife as anyone would but i am not home so thats why i am stressing a little. again thank you for all the comment and help.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
How about a Prius,bullet proof,very efficient and a popular model that can always be sold easily. BTW I love both my TDIs,but it takes a little TLC to keep them happy.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
How about a Prius,bullet proof,very efficient and a popular model that can always be sold easily. BTW I love both my TDIs,but it takes a little TLC to keep them happy.
On active duty one doesn't need additional worries.

An alternative to the guidance proferred above would be almost any new Toyota or Honda (with the mfr's warranty).

best, ez (USNR)

ironmonkey

TDI
01 golf tdi 5spd
I tried with the prius lol but she said no way in hell I also had her look at the honda and toyotas with no luck her heart is set on the Passat so that is what she got as of last night.

Got a 2014 Passat tdi SE so we will see again thanks with the help guys.

William (USMC)