Mud Flaps or Splash Guards for a TDI Cup Jetta

Matty69

TDI
2010 Jetta
Anyone know of a company that makes mudflaps for the 2010 TDI Cup Jetta? I live in snow country and could really use a pair.

Also, has anyone installed their own on their TDI Cup jetta? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks in advance.

Matty

RxCritical

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI, White Gold, manual
Not sure about the TDI Cup, but I bought 4 well engineered (maybe over engineered) mudflaps from my VW dealer for my 10 sedan. They said VW on them. :)

nhdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GLS NB TDI 5 Speed
After the hassle I had getting fog lights into my cup car I wouldn't even ask about mud flaps - but, my guess is you would be out of luck if you did ask. I think the standard ones won't fit the sill skirts or rear bumper cover and I am nearly positive they don't make any special ones for the kit. I'll drop my contact at auto-test an email and see what he says (they make the body kit).

I guess you could buy some generic ones at an auto parts store and see how hard it would be to get them to fit but I would not count on VW being able to supply them. Let us all know what you find out.

Last edited:

nhdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GLS NB TDI 5 Speed
I heard back from autotest:

Hi Marty,

unfortunately there is no mud flap kit available for the Jetta CUP edition. The VW mud flap kit works just for the normal Jetta but cannot be mounted on the CUP edition body kit. I’m sorry that I can’t help you with this issue.

So there you have it.

redwagon

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
I've found some plain, flat, stiff black plastic mud 'flaps' (as we call 'em in the UK) for this kind of situation. I had a Cobalt SS/SC with a similar body kit to the Cup. They look good and fitted with a couple of simple self tapping screws. They may need trimming so they don't scrape the road but that's pretty easy to do. Found mine in the local 'Murrays' but you may also find them in an Autozone etc.

Geesixty

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition
I just ordered a standard front and rear Jetta OEM mudflap set from the VW Parts Outlet for $6 each ($12 total) for my Cup Edition. I'm going to see if I can jimmy them to work on my car... the rears probably won't work, but the fronts is what I am really after. Regardless, I will let you know how it goes.

http://www.vwparts.com/parts-outlet-center/index.php

MostroDiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat Gasser VR6; (Sold and missed) 09 JSW DSG Pano Blue Graphite Build Date 05/09
I just ordered a standard front and rear Jetta OEM mudflap set from the VW Parts Outlet for $6 each ($12 total) for my Cup Edition. I'm going to see if I can jimmy them to work on my car... the rears probably won't work, but the fronts is what I am really after. Regardless, I will let you know how it goes.

http://www.vwparts.com/parts-outlet-center/index.php
Are you certain this is the complete set? Wonder if they have any more, and if they'd fit my JSW?

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
The part numbers listed in the special there are for the GLI only.

It is possible that they will fit on the TDI Cup car since the skirts and rear valance shape are similar to the GLI, but definitely not on the JSW.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
I have VW flaps on my 09 JSW and they work fine. My wife has flaps on her A4 Quattro wagon with a sport edition suspension & they work fine. I think you may be able to find your best & easiest solution from an Audi.

erik76_2000

TDI
tdi cup
Did the gli flaps end up working? They look like they would fit fine? I have looked at the gli and ot looks like the valence and rear bumper are the same.

Erik

nhdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GLS NB TDI 5 Speed
I've ordered a set of the front and rear GLI mud guards from ECS and they look promising as a fit for my Cup Car with the body kit. I probably won't be able to install them for a couple of days, unless the weather clears but when I do I will report back.

FYI, they were only $20± for both sets including shipping, so it wasn't much of a gamble.

PNs 1KM 075 102 for the rear and 1KM 075 112 for the fronts.

nhdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GLS NB TDI 5 Speed
I've ordered a set of the front and rear GLI mud guards from ECS and they look promising as a fit for my Cup Car with the body kit. I probably won't be able to install them for a couple of days, unless the weather clears but when I do I will report back.

FYI, they were only $20± for both sets including shipping, so it wasn't much of a gamble.

PNs 1KM 075 102 for the rear and 1KM 075 112 for the fronts.

I had a chance to carefully check these on my car and neither the front or rear flaps will work without modifications. The car's lines just aren't the same as on the GLI...I doubt it would be easier or better looking than just getting generic ones at a parts store...oh well, it was worth a try.

nhdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GLS NB TDI 5 Speed
The stock front flaps should work and the rear gli should work, same valance
Clearly I wasn't clear enough, the rear GLI guards do not fit on the cup car, period, is that clear enough?

The rear valance may look similar but the "line" where it bumps out on it is not at the same height. The flaps don't line up with the body lines or holes, so they would need to be modified or they would have to hang down about an inch below where they should end to line up with the body lines. I don't understand why someone would post something "should work" when they haven't tested it and when someone has conclusively done so said it won't work.

The stock front flaps will probably not work, because the rocker covers aren't the same on the stock Jetta as on the Cup Car. Though I have not tried this I am 99% sure they won't fit. If someone else wants to waste their money trying be my guest.

The body kit for the cup car is unique. It is made by autotest. I don't know if they also made the GLI's bumper covers but that might explain why they may look similar but are not the same.

erik76_2000

TDI
tdi cup
Nhdoc, you are the man hanks for the report. This site gets really out of hand sometimes, good info but some people just don't it. Thanks again bro post up some pics of your car, I have been running the wheels off mine commuting. My new wheels and tires make it cool to drive.

Erik

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Nhdoc, you are the man hanks for the report. This site gets really out of hand sometimes, good info but some people just don't it. Thanks again bro post up some pics of your car, I have been running the wheels off mine commuting. My new wheels and tires make it cool to drive.

Erik
LOL....Which people don't get it?? I know....and it def is not me!!:rolleyes:;)
NHdoc I had an 06 with a GLI valence and it looked the same in pics as The Cup car....Thanks for the correction!

Last edited:

nhdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GLS NB TDI 5 Speed
LOL....Which people don't get it?? I know....and it def is not me!!:rolleyes:;)
NHdoc I had an 06 with a GLI valence and it looked the same in pics as The Cup car....Thanks for the correction!
The difference is subtle, like I said, there is a body line which is about 1" lower on the cup car's rear valance than it is on the GLI, so if you try and line up the bump out on the Cup Car with the mud flaps they are about 1" below the bottom lip of the rear valance where they are supposed to mate together. You would not notice the difference in photos but when you try and fit the parts it is obvious the valances are not the same, just similar.

Sorry to get snarky on you, but after I posted having tested the parts on my car to see someone say "it should fit it is the same" was just a little aggravating.