$6.99 grocery hooks that actually fit

jpbran

TDI
2013 Passat SE/Nav/Roof
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290876581290?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Arrived today... says B6 and Jetta only, but I took a chance and it fits fine. Only downer is the trunk is kinda shallow/low, so only smaller bags will fit well. My reusable bags will fit but only if I secure by the small tag vs. the straps.

Great deal at $6.99 incl shipping; heavy plastic and it has what looks like official VW stickers. Arrived in 9 days.

jpbran

TDI
2013 Passat SE/Nav/Roof
There's a set of pre-drilled holes for exactly this hook in the trunk, upper part just to the left of the center.

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
One hook. I mailed a hook to my parents as a gift for their passat TDI and made this install guide for my Dad. Took pics while installing hook on in-law's passat TDI.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Awesome! I absconded with the bag hook from the 06 Jetta before it went down the road. I was happy to see the Passat was pre-drilled!

VWJayhawk

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
One hook. I mailed a hook to my parents as a gift for their passat TDI and made this install guide for my Dad. Took pics while installing hook on in-law's passat TDI.
I just did this same thing - ordered one a few weeks ago and installed it in my passat, had an extra one (didn't want to drill in right side) and gave it to my Dad for his ha.

One of the best things you can buy, my last car had 2 of them and used them for everything.

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
Sweet- thanks for the link, these are $22 from the dealer (still worth it IMO) so for $6.99 why not!

getwired

TDI
Passat TDI SEL Premium
Does anyone know what size speed nuts these take? I stripped my A4 before turning it in, but can no longer find the hardware to attach them.

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
bag hook

Do a search of VW bag hooks on ebay- there's a bunch listed. I bought mine from someone in the USA for $7.99 with free shipping. Their price is still the same.

VWJayhawk

Veteran Member
TDI
Does anyone know what size speed nuts these take? I stripped my A4 before turning it in, but can no longer find the hardware to attach them.
I should have done the same thing! You can just get the speed nuts and screws from the dealer...both together are ~$2

MikeTV

Veteran Member
TDI
Non-TDI 3.6 SE
Mine came in yesterday and I put it in last night. For those that have the Fender subwoofer in the trunk that hook will not sit flush with the roof/deck lid as it hits the corner of the subwoofer housing.

Not that big of a deal but may rattle if you crank up the volume. I applied a bit of foam tape to the back of the hook as it cushions it against the subwoofer to keep that from happening.

VWJayhawk

Veteran Member
TDI
Mine came in yesterday and I put it in last night. For those that have the Fender subwoofer in the trunk that hook will not sit flush with the roof/deck lid as it hits the corner of the subwoofer housing.

Not that big of a deal but may rattle if you crank up the volume. I applied a bit of foam tape to the back of the hook as it cushions it against the subwoofer to keep that from happening.

Where were you installing it? Up front away from the backseat (vs. against the backseat) on the left/driver's side? Mine seemed to mount up OK there. Just wondering if I missed something, thanks!

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
Thanks to the original poster for the hookup! My hook arrived yesterday and I installed in five minutes this morning. Between these hooks and the CarGo blocks I feel pretty good about my trunk contents not shifting around.

MikeTV

Veteran Member
TDI
Non-TDI 3.6 SE
Where were you installing it? Up front away from the backseat (vs. against the backseat) on the left/driver's side? Mine seemed to mount up OK there. Just wondering if I missed something, thanks!
There is only one place that I can mount it. Standing at the back of the car with the trunk open, it's on the driver's side (left) just to the right of the driver's side back seat pull handle on the ceiling of the trunk/bottom of the rear deck. It's very close to the subwoofer housing.

This is the only place that has the stamped holes and oval impression for this hook. There are no other places that are visible.

VWJayhawk

Veteran Member
TDI
There is only one place that I can mount it. Standing at the back of the car with the trunk open, it's on the driver's side (left) just to the right of the driver's side back seat pull handle on the ceiling of the trunk/bottom of the rear deck. It's very close to the subwoofer housing.
This is the only place that has the stamped holes and oval impression for this hook. There are no other places that are visible.
Got it, thanks. That is where I have mine - I think I misinterpreted your post saying that it didn't mount flush due to the subwoofer. Now I see you were saying that it wouldn't "rest" flush. My apologies

MikeTV

Veteran Member
TDI
Non-TDI 3.6 SE
Got it, thanks. That is where I have mine - I think I misinterpreted your post saying that it didn't mount flush due to the subwoofer. Now I see you were saying that it wouldn't "rest" flush. My apologies
No problem. Had to do a double take and look again to see if there was more than one location to mount this. There isn't. :)

Lincoln

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6 Speed MT
I got and installed mine yesterday--took <1 minute, and will be really nice to keep groceries upright (cargo system is nice too, but this will be more convenient for some items). However, I installed mine backwards (hooks toward the rear when folded up)... I can see the bottom ~inch of the hooks that way (hopefully it will remind me to use it, since I'd otherwise have a tendency to forget all about it). But is there any downside to installing it backwards I haven't thought of? It doesn't appear to come in contact with the trunk lid when it closes.

inthewoods

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE Manual
Just ordered via the slow boat: "Estimated delivery: Between Monday, May. 5 and Monday, Jun. 2"
Wonder if that is with 1 or 2 people paddling the canoe? :)
My estimated delivery was "Wed. Apr. 16 - Fri. May. 2", but for $4.09 shipped I wasn't to worried about speed! ;)

Last edited: