Anyone need help,here I am(Dallas-Plano ,TX

TDiPd05

TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2005, Silver, 5-Speed
Thank you Marin!

Marin, Thanks for a great job on the timing belt replacement on my 2005 Wagon (BEW). Quality work while letting me watch. It doesn’t get any better than that.

I’ll add my recommendation with the others on this forum. He is very thorough and passionate. I will not hesitate to recommend Marin.

Thank you, David

Last edited:

judisjetta

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I couldn't pass up the opportunity to add my praises here for Marin. He just did a timing belt replacement and cooling fan replacement on my '06 Jetta TDI. His location is very convenient to my office and his genuine concern for my vehicle was very apparent. Marin is great and his prices are very fair ... he will be seeing me and my Jetta again for sure. Thanks so much for a great job Marin ... my Jetta feels brand new again :)

bluelineman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI 6MT
Another A+ rating for Marin.

Another A+ rating for Marin. :)

I called him today to do the windows up/down feature with the key fob on my 2011 Jetta TDI. His shop isn't close by but he offered for me to meet him at his place since it's a lot closer & I'd avoid rush hour traffic. It worked out great. Our kids even played together while he did his work. He did the windows up/down, seatbelt idiot light & buzzer delete, all doors open with one click (instead of drivers with one click, all with two). We talked for probably 30-45 minutes while I asked a bunch of rookie questions. He's a nice, honest guy, knows his stuff & is very reasonably priced. I told him after the 10/20/30K free services at the dealer, I'm coming to him.

judisjetta

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
First tank on new TB

Hi Marin!

I just wanted to let you know that my first full tank after you did my TB I drove 774.2 miles on 15.387 gallons of fuel ... that's 50.3 mpg!!!! I just had to share that with you and say thanks again!!!

Judi:D

LGV2001

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf, 2010 JSW
I am not one to hand out compliments easily, BUT Marin is the real deal! Great communication, excellent work and fast. I still cannot believe when the #3 injector was wrong on Monday at 2:00 and you had Pete build another and have it installed by noon on Tuesday. That is service! Also, 47 MPG on the trip home.

Thanks again Marin

kbrenny

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta wagon TDI
Marin did a greatjob helping me correct a speedometer / odometer that was incorrect due to larger 225 / 50 / 17 tires i had installed. He did a great job! HE had to adapt an instrument cluster value to get it right and now it is dead on with what it was from the factory.

dieselfury

TDI
i wish someone was closer than 4 hrs away....i need my timing belt changed within the next two weeks....... sent everyone pm's that pmed me

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
If you're in Lubbock TX then Steve in Ft. Worth is the closest to you, Marin (this thread's owner) is also a very skilled mechanic... and very well worth the drive

I could do it for you as well, but it looks like you're taken good care of so far.

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
I have not had an opportunity to take my car to Marin yet (I live in SE Houston) but all I can say is that he has been a class act on the phone and via e-mail. He takes his time to respond to e-mails and also on the phone. It shows that he has a passion for a work well done.

Glad for the folks in the DWF metroplex to have him around!

soundguybob

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Passat Variant
Martin, Do you have the ability to delete the Immo function on the Immo III FIS clusters? I put one in my non-immo (2000) variant, and the one issue I couldn't overcome was how to satisfy the Immo warning and flashing light in the cluster.

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Martin, Do you have the ability to delete the Immo function on the Immo III FIS clusters? I put one in my non-immo (2000) variant, and the one issue I couldn't overcome was how to satisfy the Immo warning and flashing light in the cluster.
Cluster Immobilizer can not be deleted but there is a way to fix this.
I sent you PM.

sdlucky7

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Marin did great work cloning my old cluster to my new MFA one (used, but new to me). He made the entire procedure plug an play (program mileage, all keys, Immo, etc).

Quick work too... I sent him both clusters and a key (I live in CA). He had everything back to me in a day.

joeveracruz

TDI
2000 VW Beetle/ 2006 jetta
I have a 2000 vw new beetle tdi. I seem to be having occasional power loss on the highway, going up a hill, etc. The car runs fine and never dies, it just loses power. I think it is the MAF? If i have a chance to pull over, kill the engine and restart, it clears the problems most of the time. Also, i am running B100. This fuel does not seem to bother my 2006 Jetta tdi. Any suggestions?

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
I have a 2000 vw new beetle tdi. I seem to be having occasional power loss on the highway, going up a hill, etc. The car runs fine and never dies, it just loses power. I think it is the MAF? If i have a chance to pull over, kill the engine and restart, it clears the problems most of the time. Also, i am running B100. This fuel does not seem to bother my 2006 Jetta tdi. Any suggestions?
PM sent.

bagdwag

Banned
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon
Marin

What can you say great guy. I had a major issue with my cluster and he wanted to have me send it to him to fix it for about 300 dollars less than getting a used one.. Instead I convinced him to sell me on of his true euro clusters.. He was able to get my pin and set up both keys on the bench because my cluster was fried.

Great guy walked me through the complete install Im very very pleased

CharlieT

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi TTqTDI, B4V, B5.5V, '12 NMS SEL
Marin is one of the best. If you need any ECU, wiring, cluster, Immobilizer work, he is a great guy to use.
He figured out how to get my Audi TT instrument cluster to adopt my Diesel ECU for my swap, with full Immobilizer functionality. This is huge, never been done before. Everyone just does Immo delete (which then leaves you fairly vulnerable to auto theft).
I now have a full Immo system working again, with the correct VIN, correct SKC, and only my keys work.
Many thanks !!

408strokerdart

TDI
'04 Golf
Great service!

Marin replaced my timing belt on my Golf TDI. Did so very efficiently and on time. He even gave me a loaner to get me to/from work and did a complete inspection on my car and pointed out items that would need service work and when that should be serviced. I will be bringing it back for front end service work very soon. He is a very knowledgeable mechanic that I have since recommended to several of my coworkers that have German and Japanese cars. Thanks again Marin!

Ps.- Marin even fixed my rear view mirror issue for no cost....I won't mention the fix because it makes me sound stupid though.

jared4x4

TDI
2004 Jetta
Marin helped talk me though a power loss issue. Not doing any tdi work before, he was a big help to help narrow down the problems! One bit of advice, check all your vacuum hoses 4 times!! Nice to have someone willing to spend time on the phone with you and help with your problems. Thanks Marin!

JMK2006TDI

TDI
2006 Jetta
Great TDI mechanic

Folks, give this guy a shot. My 2006 Jetta TDI blew a engine and the place that rebuilt the motor managed to make it last less than 700 miles. They basically screwed me out of a ton of money. I had pretty much lost faith in mechanics’ and was ready to just trash the car. Marin came recommended and has been nothing but a pleasure to work with. I managed to find a used, low mileage engine. Marin has managed to remove the bad engine and get the vehicle back on the road in a short amount of time at a very resonable rate. He definately knows his TDI's

Destroyer

TDI
Future Owner
Great Price / Service!

Had my European License plate holder installed by Marin about two weeks ago, wanted to post this as soon as it was done but I noticed my car was extremely dirty so I had to put it off posting the pictures until I waxed it and looks beautiful.....and then sprinklers came on and got my waxed car full of water spots again...:mad::mad: But here is a picture anyway! Marin did awesome job, using rulers and checking and quadruple checking the measurements and asking me multiple times to make sure the frame got on smack in the middle and where I wanted it. And the price was super friendly too! :):)! Happy with the job done!

RV9Factory

TDI
2006 Jetta
I, too, can vouch for Marin.

I had some remotes and internet-bought flippy key heads with new Megamos ID48 CAN transponders for my 2006 Jetta and he matched both the remotes and keys to the car.

We didn't think it could be done - that you had to buy flippy key heads from the dealer - not so, at least on my '06.

Great price, great service. I highly recommend him.

rotarydiesel

TDI
'01 Jetta
Finally found someone that knows TDI's

I found Marin while looking for a vagcom setup to adjust my QA after a head seal replacement. I couldn't bring my car to him during the week so he went out of his way to meet me late Saturday night so the QA could get dialed in. Car ran like a dream afterwards. Even emailed a couple of days later to check and make sure everything was still good. Only person in DFW i would let touch my car. Very knowledgeable.

Mriis

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
Another happy customer..

Based on the reviews here I took my Jetta to Marin last week for a few repairs and maintenance.

Marin did great work. My car was ready on time and at a fair price.

It is clear that Marin knows these cars. As soon as I pulled into his shop he opened the hood and diagnosed my complaints as well as a few problems I was not aware of.

He spend a lot of time explaining the problems and showed me the broken parts after the repair.

He also contacted me after the repair to follow up and make sure everything was to my satisfaction.

I am happy that I found a mechanic that I can trust and who actually cares about my car and his work. I would not even consider taking my car anywhere else in the future.

Martin Jensen
Dallas, TX

jag2k

TDI
02 jetta
Another reccomendation

We can't have enough of these good, experienced TDI mechanics available.
Marin works on my Mk4 Jetta TDI, found an electrical issue due to pinched wiring in the headliner after replacement, So, I sent bill to headliner shop
Problem resolved.
-J

convict

TDI
high speed tennis shoe
Merry Christmas all..!

DFW TDI enthusist, do yourself a favor and give the Marlin a chance to let him show you his TDI technical abilities. Allot of mechanics will throw you under the bus, he put me at ease the minute I pulled into his shop!

I went to Marlin's shop 12/23 Friday morning to have a dash cluster swapped out in my 02' Beetle, it wasn't 10-15 minutes & he already had the old cluster out & the new cluster installed. He reset the mileage on the new cluster, reprogramed my key fob, programed/turned off the seatbelt alarm (my choice) on the cluster. He was doing a overall inspection under the hood & under the vehicle. We were talking & I was telling him the vehicle's history, entirely serviced at the dealership according to the CAR FAX. It was a one owner new car trade in @ Randy Hiley VW in Arlington. For starters he suggested I replace some leaking return fuel lines. While the car was on the rack he suggested I change my 5 spd. gearbox oil, you could see it looked like the drain plug hadn't been touched in years all the build up grease and dirt on it. He said would make a huge diffrence with shifting. Talk about "smoother shifting", when the oil came out you could see how dark & dirty it was, compared to what he put back inside it looked like fresh motor oil that's how dirty it was when it came out.
Marlin doctored up my wore out plastic skid plate and reinstalled it at no charge. It was dragging the ground when I pulled up. He made a strong suggestion I get a aluminum skid plate from DieselGeek. http://www.dieselgeek.com/MK4_Jetta_...e_p/pp-mk4.htm Done! I ordered it this morning..... 6 years ago I bought a wrecked Mercedes 190, it had a busted oil pan from running over something low to the ground. I had been down this road before & I didnt want that to happen to my Beetle so the skid plate was a no brainer!

While performing the overall inspection of the entire vehicle and made suggestions to me on what needed replaced. It was the best 2 hours (roughly) I'd ever spent at a repair shop. He's a little hard to understand at times (european accent) but definately a 5 star mechanic in his field. I drove from far west Fort Worth over to his shop not knowing what I was getting into and made a new friend...

I'm not going to say what I spent but my total out of pocket expense was less than what the dealership quoted me on just replacing the dash cluster.

DFW TDI enthuists owe it to yourself to PM Marlin with your car problems. You'll be a customer of his for life rest assured!

Last edited: