Engine oil light blinking ?

hddon

TDI
1996 Passat TDI Sedan color Gray
Hello,

I have a 96 VW TDI Passat, and my oil light blinks and beeps at higher that 2500 RPM or over 75 MPH. I changed the oil sending unit, but it didn't help. In Addition I disconnected the oil sending unit, and the action still occurs. Any ideas, direction, or comments on what this may be would be appreciated..The car runs excellent, and there is plenty of oil in it.
<font color="green"> </font>

Thanks for reading....Don

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
How many miles on this buggy?

There is a backup oil warning system, IIRC. There should be two senders atop the oil filter bracket.

Welcome to Fred's!

hddon

TDI
There is 109k miles, and it has been taken care of......Kinda worried about blowing the engine.

So what action would you reccomend ? Thanks for responding

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I think you need to check the other sender.

We had a similar issue on our '96 wagon...it was nothing more than a little moisture under one of the rubber boots but it scared the wee out of me.

hddon

TDI
Ok...will do...And thanks for your quick response...This is just a GREAT site, and I'm really excited about finding it
I absolutely love my VW TDI, and wouldn't drive anything but one..

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
If you do need to replace a sender, it's not a big deal and they are not expensive.

BTW, there's a big gathering in southern NH on 11/12. It would be nice if you could join the group - - there's always a big turnout and it's a friendly crowd!

hddon

TDI
Could you please send me the details regarding the event in Southern NH...I may want to attend...

Thanks !
Don

hddon

TDI
So if the engine does NOT have the correct oild pressure, then What ? A new oil pump ? Or something else ?

Thanks,
Don