Anyone else hearing rattle noise behind radio?

1alfie

TDI
2015 Passat Highline
Has anyone else experienced a rattling noise behind the radio? If so, do you know what was done to remedy it?

kydsid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
I have a rattle or some kind of noise in that area, when going over bumps or highway joints. Only shows up after it sits in the sun and warms up. On a cool morning it doesnt make noise. Sounds like two peices of plastic rubbing together. Is yours like that?

Took it to dealer, had them hear it, waiting on scheduling a new appointment to see if they can fix.

Tragick

TDI
Passat 2012
I had a blowing sound when the AC was running, they had to replace the whole vent system. Doesn't sound like its the same thing, but you never know.

1alfie

TDI
2015 Passat Highline
While driving on a rough patch of road today the rattling noise became very annoying. My wife and I went on a mission, by trial and error to locate the source. It turned out that the noise was actually coming from the eyeglass compartment door. I know I'd previously reported that I thought the noise was coming from the area of the radio but there's no question now that the eyeglass compartment door is the culprit. Applying a little pressure to the door eliminated the noise.