What cosmetic mods can be easily done the Passat to make it more sporty, stealth

clydesdale6

TDI
NONE YET
Can you debadge the car or does it result in holes behind the badges?
Is the Passat based off of an Audi and therefore can you install larger wheels and tires without an issue?
Anybody black out the grille or paint the chrome body moldings to match the body?

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
The badges are on with double sided tape... no holes.

I think Audi 5x112 wheels will fit without problem.

-J

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I'm thinking the NMS Passat is already kinda stealthy. You compare it to some of its rivals in the segment like the Fusion, Malibu, Camry, Sonata, Optima, etc. and it looks downright drab. I love it.

It is not shared with any Audi platform. It is loosely based on a PQ46 platform which is itself sprung from the PQ35 A platform. But is not really sold anywhere but North America and China.

Niner

duplicate account, banned
Sporty stands out, stealthy doesn't. Which way do you want it? Or check out Coffeemade's thread on passat mods. Order one in Black on Black with you adding some limo tint, and call it good. Maybe some HID's in your favorite color.

clydesdale6

TDI
NONE YET
I am thinking sporty as in black wheels, no chrome, no badges, dark interior and a 6MT. I would rather have it look like a pseudo european sports sedan rather than a pseudo luxary sedan.

Niner

duplicate account, banned
You'd have to do major work for a passat to even come close to handling like a sports sedan, it wallows like a boat. Maybe a Jetta GTI or Tdi Cup edition is what you should be looking at?

clydesdale6

TDI
NONE YET
Can't do the jetta, we need something bigger. I have a nice 2004 6MT 330i bmw with a performance package for that. I just want it to look a little better. I realize it will never be an M5, but I would like to get rid of all the chrome. I would consider sway bars, but would keep the stock suspension, until it wears out. Thanks.

clydesdale6

TDI
NONE YET
Coffeemade, you clearly understand. That is what I am looking to do. Are those wheels anthracite or darkened at all, or are they silver? I may just blacken the VW also. But, that is the type of look I am going for. Do you add a small spoiler lip on the trunk or is that standard?

Coffeemade

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Passat TDI SEL Prem
If you are talking about the link in my post then i think those are Audi A7 wheels. Mine are want to be A8L reps. My rear spoiler was standard.

eyetdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat TDI Sedan
You might consider tinting the side and rear windows and smoking the tails.
(I used Jons Tinted Tails..Google him.) I put a Kamei grill on my '04 Passat and it looks very nice, but I don't see one for the new Passats. I wrote to them with such a request. You can always buy the materials from them and make your own.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Can't wait to get the windows tinted...

The A7 wheels look great on Turbonium's Passat. :cool:

TDI-BZ

TDI
2012 TDI Passat 6MT
Tinted windows and a set of the 18's from a SE Roof/Nav car. Adding Fogs up front, H.I.D.s and a lip spoiler, should make it look nice.

Trying to get my dealership to help pay for it!