My new '12 passat pics and intro...

ekiM

TDI
2012 Passat
Greetings everyone. I'm an old-school Audi/VW guy (Other car is a modded 02 S4 Avant) but new to the TDI. Picked up a TDI SE DSG earlier this week. Prior to burning through its first gallon of Diesel I've already VAG'd the rain sensor, eliminated the annoying lock honk and nixed the DRL's. Couldn't get the windows to roll down remotely though... I have to work on that.

One thing I can't seem to find is the self-study guide on this car since all the links are dead. Any help with this would be appreciated. Also, any similar info on the CKRA engine would be great!

Obligatory pics:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Congrats on the purchase! An SE with fog lights... very interesting.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
One thing I can't seem to find is the self-study guide on this car since all the links are dead. Any help with this would be appreciated.
Pretty sure I saved the PDF at the office. PM me an email address and I'll forward on Monday. Just know that the guide is a mix of NMS and B7 info, so not all of it will apply to your car.

Ace Deprave

Veteran Member
TDI
Former owner of a 2012 Passat SE TDI (traded for a 2015 Golf R)
Beautiful car, welcome to the club! (I'm a new member myself)

Congrats on the purchase! An SE with fog lights... very interesting.
The SE with sunroof and nav is the only SE that comes with fogs.

Blown284

TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI
Congrats! I'm a new member too :) Beautiful car!

Now you're making me want that VCDS (is that the spelling?) cable asap.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
The introduction of the Passat has definitely brought an influx of new members to the forums. Very cool, indeed!

ekiM

TDI
2012 Passat
Congrats! I'm a new member too :) Beautiful car!

Now you're making me want that VCDS (is that the spelling?) cable asap.
I've had one for over a decade... my first one was an ISO-COM serial cable. I also use it for other logging/tuning programs to keep my science-project S4 from instasploding.

Anyhow, If you find yourself near northern Delaware I can take care of that for ya, mid-Atlantic neighbor.

Last edited:

Blown284

TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI
I've had one for over a decade... my first one was an ISO-COM serial cable. I also use it for other logging/tuning programs to keep my science-project S4 from instasploding.

Anyhow, If you find yourself near northern Delaware I can take care of that for ya, mid-Atlantic neighbor.
Hmmm..... Cecil dragway isn't that far from you :D That would be incredibly awesome and also another opportunity for me to drive this beast on a trip. :eek:

ekiM

TDI
2012 Passat
Hmmm..... Cecil dragway isn't that far from you :D That would be incredibly awesome and also another opportunity for me to drive this beast on a trip. :eek:
Can do. PM me when you're available. I should have time next weekend.

Only1Z

TDI
2012 VW Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual
B5'er here. I elected for a 6-speed manual TDI SE in platinum gray on black. :) I'm keeping my B5 S4. Stage 3 is so addicting. LOL

ekiM

TDI
2012 Passat
B5'er here. I elected for a 6-speed manual TDI SE in platinum gray on black. :) I'm keeping my B5 S4. Stage 3 is so addicting. LOL
Glad to see there's some brethren here. I've had a B5 S4 for well over a decade now. I've probably done 10 or so motor-pulls (mostly on others cars) in that time! Mike2kS4/ Mike2k2S4 are my handles on those forums.

Only1Z

TDI
2012 VW Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual
Glad to see there's some brethren here. I've had a B5 S4 for well over a decade now. I've probably done 10 or so motor-pulls (mostly on others cars) in that time! Mike2kS4/ Mike2k2S4 are my handles on those forums.
Yeah I felt it was time to get something bigger and more fuel efficient for the daily grind. The Passat fit the bill almost perfectly. I'm enjoying it!

The B5 S4 is such a great car. I'd like to keep it for a long time. But driving it everyday with the mileage going up and up would cause its demise a little sooner than I'd like. So now I can relegate it to a back-up role. Works out well!

Niner

duplicate account, banned
Interesting, I got a cable and did exactly the same thing as the OP with removal of a few things I found a bit redundant or irrelevant for my needs.

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
I just got a call, my new Passat TDI SE 6M, Platinum Gray w/Moonrock, has arrived. :D I ordered it 23-April, due date was 2-July and it arrived today. Only issue... Due to my work schedule I can't pick it up until next Friday!! :mad: Hmmm, I feel a few sick days coming on. I already have the LED trunk lights and the parking sensors... just waiting for a car to put them in. :) I just upgraded to the latest version of VCDS... so I am all ready to go on that front. It is going to be a LOOONNNNGGG week.