interior lights with back doors

grumblygraham

TDI
jetta and Passat
I noticed when loading up the kids into the Passat the other night that when the back doors are opened from an already unlocked and interior lights off state the doors do not activate the interior lights. I then also noticed that with the doors open it does not show in the display on the dash like it does for the front doors/trunk/hood. Can some of you fellow dubbers let me know if this is just my car or a common thing. I have searched even consulted the manual which was as helpful as usual.....I have VAG and I checked the settings, but nothing jumped out for this.....

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Sounds like a problem to me. My doors always show on the display and every door turns on the dome lights.

Do the entry lights on the bottoms of the doors come on?

-J

grumblygraham

TDI
jetta and Passat
Thanks for the response it looks like I have some further trouble shooting to do, I have the car booked in for service next week, so will ask the steelership if I don't figure it out.

As for the bottom door lighting, again the front doors lights work the rear does not. Will check vag again, I forgot about the bottom lights.

Thanks again.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Sounds like your rear door switches are bad OR perhaps your BCM is coded for a coupe? VCDS will tell you what's going on, for sure.

grumblygraham

TDI
jetta and Passat
Yes it turns out the switches are bad, the door locks, lights, everything are bad. VCDS confirms it as F222 and the CCM module. The car is booked in today, I will post any significant outcomes.