B3 hood on a B4 ?

0die

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat wagon B4V
My hood is now bent...driving in rain sux....

Hard to find older Passats in the junk yard...

If I happen to come across a B3 by chance would the hood fit the B4? From what I've read they are in many ways practically the same vehicle.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
There's a reason why they call the B4 a "facelifted" B3.

While the underpinnings are identical, the sheetmetal is different. The front lip of the hood on a B3 tucks in behind the front valence/bumper cover leading edge.

The front lip on a B4 hood curls down is is the leading edge.

Won't fit.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
nope, won't work, different hood.

EDIT: If you're interested in getting one or don't mind the drive there appears to be a 1996 Passat wagon At Harold's Used Cars and Parts in Briggs, TX. It was added to the yard inventory on February 16th of this year. I search for cars all the time on Row52.com. This is a U-pull yard, not full service. IDK what kind of price it would be but typically Upull hoods run around $45 or so. No idea on this about condition either or whether the hood will be there when you get there. All I know is they have the car.

I know that's not really close to you but I've gone further when I needed something!!

Additionally, the following is from car-part.com:

Twin Lakes Auto Salvage - Dallas - 1997 passat - white hood $100 - no damage - 1-972-225-4536

K&K Motors - Graham TX, 1997 Passat - silver hood - no damage - $175 - 1-800-766-2009

Bill Jones Auto Parts - Dallas - 1996 Passat - green hood - little damage $60 - 1-214-376-6901

This is all I can find at the moment, there might also be something in the FS section by people local to you. BTW, the one in Twin Lakes is a TDI...

Steve

Last edited:

0die

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat wagon B4V
wow...I wasn't expecting THAT level of help... :) :) :)

I'll check out the row52 thing...I travel the I-10 corridor a lot, maybe something will surface there...