VW emissions buyback offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Went to my local dealer today, and was told that all CR TDIs will be bought back this weekend only at KBB pre-Sept 15th private party prices +20-70%, depending on mileage, with a voucher good for 40% off a new VW or Audi.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Your deal is $h1t. My dealer told me they'd do a straight up swap for an Amarok. They're bringing a few in for top shelf customers. I made the list, as I'm kind of a big deal (new VW #4 here).

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
I have heard yes that they just might do a buy back. I hope they give red book price not black book price.
Toyota did a buy back I understand at the red book price and Chrysler did a black book on a lot of their pickups.
VW can not make our TDIs compliant as required so it just may be a buy out, as the government will order them to buy them back like it or not.
If we get the black book price we will get like nothing for our cars. We will lose thousands of dollars.
We in that case should get together by areas and bring a law suite against them.

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
Yes your wright I did not see the date. I just heard this yesterday so that is why I am out here now passing on what I was informed about our dirty diesels and the fact VW and the fact that VW can not meet the requirements.
They were given a time limit from the government to meet and they can not meet it.
I was advised to not spend any money on my car, till I know what VW is doing.
Only repair, spend money on only what needs to be repaired.
I wanted to install a new radio as my crappy VW one pooped out some time ago.
So they way I see it, it was good advise not to waste my money on my car.

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
I far as I understand the only TDI's that meet the government standards or can meet them down the road are the TDI's with the DEF already in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.