So what do we do?! 2013 Passat for sale.

BamaPeach531

TDI
2013 Passat SE
My timing (and VW) has screwed me.

I've decided I want to go back to a Jeep Wrangler. I was completly aware that I was going to be upside down in my VW loan as I just bought it new in Dec of 13. (less than 2 years ago). I was aware that I was going to take a hit. I was prepared for a low ball value.

I tried to trade it in last night.

Completely shut down. No one will take it.

So how do I get rid of it?

Maroon Passat TDI for sale. :(

BamaPeach531

TDI
2013 Passat SE
is anyone going to buy it? are there people that will actively be looking for this car even with the "scandal" and no resolution out yet?

GyroRon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
I think you can sell it privately no problem. How much you get for it will be the real question. Call your bank and find out what your payoff is, and check online on sites like craigslist to see what people want for theirs and list it if you have cash to pay any negative equity.

NYC-TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI Free and Loving It
I will buy it from you right now, but you won't like the offer.
And that is the crux of the problem. I hope whoever still owns a TDI really loves it because you are going to own it for a long time.

dropnosky

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta 6 speed, 2012 Passat DSG
Why on earth would the OP try and trade a TDI in at a non VW dealer NOW in the middle of this scandal and a stop sale order?

Have some patience. Drive the car as is until the issue is resolved or find a VW dealer that is sitting on a used jeep.

This is like showing up for a football game on the weekend before it happens and complaining that you cant see the football game.

The car is valueless to a non VW dealer at the moment. Plan accordingly

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
I offer you $3000 cash if its got a clean title, pm me if you're interested...

croppz

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 DSG Jetta TDI
Ugh, I had a wrangler for 6 years, modded it and wheeled it. I'll never have another one as a DD. Nor will I have another chrysler product.

You're going to miss the comfort and mileage of that Passat once you get a jeep. Good luck.

ChemMan

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI
Why on earth would the OP try and trade a TDI in at a non VW dealer NOW in the middle of this scandal and a stop sale order?
Have some patience. Drive the car as is until the issue is resolved or find a VW dealer that is sitting on a used jeep.
This is like showing up for a football game on the weekend before it happens and complaining that you cant see the football game.
The car is valueless to a non VW dealer at the moment. Plan accordingly
Actually the reverse is true. A VW dealer can not sell used VW. A non VW dealer can. It is far more likely a non VW dealer will purchase the car if for no other reason than to sell you another one.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
But they are allowed to buy. They may buy up all the cars they can anticipating the money they will make after they wait it out.

takiman

TDI
Jetta
So let me get this straight - you are a member here, you obviously know what is going on with VW currently and you especially are aware of the issue with your specific car and yet, you wished to trade it in? It's not happening - not around where I live either. Desperation will cost you more money than patience. Wait this chapter of VW's life out, let the resolutions come forward and then move on to a Jeep.

czeetah

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat 6MT / Opera Red
Actually the reverse is true. A VW dealer can not sell used VW. A non VW dealer can. It is far more likely a non VW dealer will purchase the car if for no other reason than to sell you another one.
Yes they can, as long as they don't CPO it.