RockAuto DSS "new" Solid Chinese Replacement CV DriveLine HalfShaft mk4 Jetta

indysoto

Veteran Member
RockAuto DSS "new" Solid Chinese Replacement CV DriveLine HalfShaft mk4 Jetta

Just got My old Drive line out and was about to replace it and noticed there was a big difference in bolt length on the original vs the "new" DSS replacement shaft from rockauto...The old one is Approx 30 mm deeper at the inner Driver side cv than the new one....6 Holes seem to match up, and there is this weird crimped on Golden sheet metal, Pretty sure I need new bolts approx, 21mm but does the Golden sheetmetal stay on or go? Thx, G:confused:

EDIT: THEY ARE FOR AUTO TRANNy :{

Last edited:

keggo

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Is the gold sheet metal on the transmission side? It looksl like a gold cap, right?

indysoto

Veteran Member
keggo said:
Is the gold sheet metal on the transmission side? It looksl like a gold cap, right?
yep, after puzzling over it awile i took it off and tried to install to no avail as holes did not line up in the end :(....

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Some of the OE "equivalent" stuff coming out of China is really lame. The general public is catching on to this.

keggo

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Sorry to hear about the bad experience... I once ordered a crankshaft pulley for a B4 Passat instead of the right one. I didn't end up needing it anyway... lol. Hope everything goes well.

indysoto

Veteran Member
I have Been Hearing a light click while cornering for a while and thought it was the new bearings I put in while doing a vr6 clutch job...Apparently it is my left outer CV as it seems to make the same noise when I wank it back and forth(one hand on the rod and one on the threaded end)...I am contemplating the needle grease attachment and refilling the boot, which is good, I have spread the boot and no holes! The joint feels great except for the light tick noise(upon wanking or a a decently loaded turn going to the Passenger side)...Suggestions?

Last edited:

indysoto

Veteran Member
whitedog said:
Prothe strikes again?
hey wd who is prothe? Got a rebuilt driverside on the way from Shucks /Kragen Limited Lifetime Guarantee for 58 buckaroos no core :) With all these extra parts, springs, dampers, a arms, drivelines, clutch, flywheels. I think someone is trying to tell me something, hmm what could it be...

Last edited:

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Prothe is a notorious seller of cheap, junk parts. I have never done business with him, but his stories are all over.

keggo

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Yeah... had a friend buy a "rebuilt" IP from him, what a hunk of crap. I didn't know at first that he had bought it from him, then he told me who it was and I scolded him for it... lol

indysoto

Veteran Member
keggo said:
Yeah... had a friend buy a "rebuilt" IP from him, what a hunk of crap. I didn't know at first that he had bought it from him, then he told me who it was and I scolded him for it... lol
so is prothe rockauto? My thirty days since buying is up...:eek:

keggo

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
No, I don't think Rockauto is Prothe. His websites are very chinsy and look very dull... Like webpages of the late 90's... LOL

indysoto

Veteran Member
New Cv Joint Da Bomb!

wHOA! It was New and came with the cork, grease and is definitely not made of metal roller skate wheels like the chinese one :) 58.00 wow!