www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old September 19th, 2018, 12:27   #2011
WISCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by psd1 View Post
Was this a recent return with the video or prior to?
Yes it was a July 2018 Salvage return. I actually first used it on a clean title return in February when they were just making the transition to dealer completed buybacks. Let it idle...
WISCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2018, 10:26   #2012
05tdiwagon

TDI(s): TDI's
Default Previous owner restitution?

I was extremely lucky and was able to return all 4 of my 2.0 TDI's, really wish all of us here would have the same outcome. My question is about the Bosch payment and the restitution payment (I was only paid "vehicle amount" during the buyback process), anyone has any comments on that? I am entitled to any portion of the restitution given all vehicles were purchased in early 2017 and holding a rebuilt titles? Just looking to hear your opinions. Thank you!
05tdiwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2018, 21:25   #2013
bizzle
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010TDI View Post
That sucks. Did they not offer you a jump so that you could show that it runs, or was it that they were sticking to it has to start by itself too (hence the argument)? This seems like another of those issues that was ignored last year but they are being picky/sticky now (whether right or wrong).
I was in the first wave of normal turn-ins (the very first month of the very first non-totaled turn-ins) and my dealership pulled this crap on me. I have a long post on the topic and a lot of forum members jumped my case for what I wrote but it's not a new issue although may be newly imposed as you say. More likely than not, this comes to individual dealership interpretation rather than an edict from higher ups to reject them all outright.
bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2018, 22:04   #2014
miltak

TDI(s): passat,jetta
Fuel Economy: 40-50

Did anyone received any part of restitution money yet on rebuilt title,which was paid only buy back amount?
miltak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2018, 06:35   #2015
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltak View Post
Did anyone received any part of restitution money yet on rebuilt title,which was paid only buy back amount?

Those will be paid out only in 2019. I was told VW will be auditing all salvage titles and seeing if restitution is owed.
TDIforDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2018, 11:10   #2016
E2Tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkhalil123 View Post
file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/5374-Order-on-Motions-to-Dismiss
Hi, can you provide the full internet link to this document. The link provided is for your computer only.

Thanks!
E2Tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2018, 09:49   #2017
psd1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: See Fuelly link

Any salvage title turn in folks see a Bosch payment yet?

psd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2018, 16:59   #2018
duratitus
Veteran Member

Yes I did on all the salvaged titles I turned last year before VW placed the hold on branded title claims in May.

I received the Bosch payment for all closed buyback claims.
duratitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 17:51   #2019
Jkhalil123

TDI(s): golf

did anybody get denied by crc salvage titles after February 26
Jkhalil123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 21:08   #2020
Master

TDI(s): Passat TDI

Both of my 2015 Passats Denied yesterday and today, one is clean title registered in July 2017, and the other vehicle was registered in Jun 2017 with a reconstructed title. It seems to me that they copy and paste VW lame reasons, and there you go..

The Claims Review Committee has carefully reviewed your appeal and determined that you are not eligible for benefits under the terms of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement. Your vehicle is ineligible because it is a salvage branded (total loss) vehicle and is therefore not operable or cannot be legally registered and/or driven. The stated goal of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement is to “compensate owners or lessees of Eligible Vehicles for any harm they suffered as a result of the emissions issues and to ensure that Volkswagen’s 2.0-liter TDI vehicles do not generate excess NOx emissions.” Because your vehicle cannot be legally driven and you are not the owner or lessee who suffered the original harm caused by the vehicle’s TDI emissions issues, your claim is not consistent with the goal of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement and is not eligible for compensation. As such, your appeal to the Claims Review Committee is denied. Because this vehicle has been deemed ineligible to participate in the TDI Settlement Claim Program, no new claims submitted under this VIN will be accepted.
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 21:11   #2021
Master

Here is their response on the clean title vehicle, and just look at the difference between clean title and reconstructed which I have posted above..

The Claims Review Committee has carefully reviewed your appeal and determined that you are not eligible for benefits under the terms of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement. As such, your appeal to the Claims Review Committee is denied. If you currently own your vehicle, you may still receive an emissions modification if it has been approved for your vehicle. You can receive the approved emissions modification free of charge, but you will not be eligible for any compensation under the Settlement. For further information on the Settlement, including the Court-approved Settlement Agreement and Notice, please visit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old October 11th, 2018, 21:39   #2022
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

What was the original denial for on the clean titled car?
Old October 12th, 2018, 07:15   #2023
lvrpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master View Post
Here is their response on the clean title vehicle, and just look at the difference between clean title and reconstructed which I have posted above..

The Claims Review Committee has carefully reviewed your appeal and determined that you are not eligible for benefits under the terms of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement. As such, your appeal to the Claims Review Committee is denied. If you currently own your vehicle, you may still receive an emissions modification if it has been approved for your vehicle. You can receive the approved emissions modification free of charge, but you will not be eligible for any compensation under the Settlement. For further information on the Settlement, including the Court-approved Settlement Agreement and Notice, please visit

Ya, what's the deal with your clean title? Why would it not be eligible?
lvrpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2018, 08:32   #2024
Master

The original denial for both cars were the same..

Based on the documents and information you have provided as part of your claim with Reference No. xxxxxxxxxxx, you are not eligible to participate in the 2.0-Liter Settlement Claims Program. The reason(s) for your ineligibility is described below.

Vehicle is not eligible - Your vehicle is not eligible to participate in the Settlement Program.

In the email CRC States that I can get modification done at no cost, and no compensation. I had filed multiple times with VW and got denied 3 times, and few times they denied on the basis that the car is salvaged and therefore not operable, which is clearly a false statement, since the car has a reconstructed title, and operable. It’s hard to believe they are doing this.

I think this case is far from over.

Old October 12th, 2018, 09:18   #2025
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

From my reading of some of the claims here they wanted it operable on a certain day. If you can't prove that it was operable on that day, then denied. You also seem to be saying that both cars had salvage titles at one time on one is now "clean" and the other "reconstructed". Is that correct?