www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old October 5th, 2018, 10:57   #331
adrian537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
I've been running the CP3 on the stock "fixed" tune for about a month now and it's unnoticeable (other than the slight gear whine). I'll be doing deletes and
a tune before long but I see no reason why you couldn't run it stock indefinitely.
Cheers!
Hey Max where did you get your CP3? you're still under the extended warranty VW gave us?
adrian537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2018, 03:27   #332
Max Power

TDI(s): On #8

Adrian, I bought my pump and 2micron kit from another user here last year. He screwed me out of the secondary filter head so I'm running my stock filter. I am technically under warranty. Not sure if the CP3 would change that but it doesn't really matter to me as I have an EGR delete and downpipe sitting in my garage. So, I'm not really planning on the warranty anyway.

This kit is on Ebay right now $925+$80s&h https://www.ebay.com/i/323450957989?chn=ps

The only thing it seems to be missing that Andrew's had is the secondary filter head so it's pretty much how I'm set up now.

Cheers!
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2018, 14:23   #333
adrian537

yeh i live in california so i need my dpf and egr. i've used the extended warranty in july to have my dpf and egr replaced, drove approximately 1,300 miles and as a few days ago my car is at VW dealership having the dpf and egr replaced once again after i noticed a lot of soot on the back of my car (they said i have no air/vacuum leak after checking) vw first was asking me if i used an aftermarket air filter (i think because the mass air flow sensor was giving errors), then they asked me how long have i been using biodiesel which i never did (tried to make a big fuss about my 2micron pure flow even thought it was installed before july when vw first fixed the dpf and egr). so i'm afraid that if i do the CP3 conversion vw will not honor my extended warranty any longer. in a way i'm happy to have the vw extended warranty because it covers so many parts but at the same time i wish i could do the CP3 conversion today and not worry about VW because i know that even if my CP4 goes bad and they replace all the parts necessary my car will never be the same.
Old October 11th, 2018, 14:07   #334
bananaman82

Fuel Economy: 48 mpg

So darkside is the only place to get a CP3 pump and kit? I just replaced my turbo and sort of love my car so I want it to last a good long while and not live in fear.
bananaman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 17:12   #335
mrorganic

Fuel Economy: Not sure but around 40

There is still one on ebay for $925 + $80 s&h.

https://www.ebay.com/i/323450957989?chn=ps

Darkside is f625 to f775 plus shipping. I have no clue what the exchange rate is or what the shipping is from Darkside.

For me personally my car in in the dealers shop now getting the complete fuel system replaced under warranty. But want to warn everyone, that VW is denying this if you do not have a Fuel Guard kit on your car.
mrorganic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 18:50   #336
adrian537

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrorganic View Post
There is still one on ebay for $925 + $80 s&h.

https://www.ebay.com/i/323450957989?chn=ps

Darkside is f625 to f775 plus shipping. I have no clue what the exchange rate is or what the shipping is from Darkside.

For me personally my car in in the dealers shop now getting the complete fuel system replaced under warranty. But want to warn everyone, that VW is denying this if you do not have a Fuel Guard kit on your car.

how many miles did your car have when the CP4 went bad?
Old October 11th, 2018, 20:48   #337
mrorganic

My car only had about 90,000 miles on it when the Check engine light came on, i tried to figure it out but to no avail, I did not think it was the HPFP because every failure i have read about, was an immediate failure and the CEL came on at the time of failure. At around 91,000 is when i got it to the dealer. At first VW refused to honor the warranty because i did not have a Fuel Guard Kit on my car. I got a hold of an attorney that was part of the group that went after VW and in a few weeks I got a call from the dealer that VW was honoring there warranty.
Old October 11th, 2018, 21:48   #338
adrian537

Quote:
My car only had about 90,000 miles on it when the Check engine light came on, i tried to figure it out but to no avail, I did not think it was the HPFP because every failure i have read about, was an immediate failure and the CEL came on at the time of failure. At around 91,000 is when i got it to the dealer. At first VW refused to honor the warranty because i did not have a Fuel Guard Kit on my car. I got a hold of an attorney that was part of the group that went after VW and in a few weeks I got a call from the dealer that VW was honoring there warranty.

You didn't participate in the recall for the Fuel Guard Kit? My 2014 came with it already. You’re lucky you've got yourself a good lawyer. Hey at least you're getting a lot of brand new parts now. Hopefully they get all the metal out of your fuel system.
In my case i wish i could do the CP3 tomorrow if it wouldn't be for VW to somehow deny my extended warranty. i just went thru having the DPF and EGR changed in july by VW at their expense, drove approximately 1,300 miles and now the DPF and EGR went bad again. it appears that the original Exhaust Gas Cooler was never changed, went bad and i guess damaged the new DPF and EGR. VW once again changed all these parts at their expense. At first they were trying to say that i've used bio-diesel which i never did, then they were asking all sort of questions regarding my 2micron PureFlow and Containment filter kit i have installed. Imagine if i would've had the CP3 pump installed? i would've been screwed.
Old October 12th, 2018, 11:26   #339
mrorganic

adrian537; Yes you are right, i am very lucky (blessed) to be getting all this work done on my car. Then I should have a warranty on this work and the parts.

Seems like VW would save money if they would adopt the CP3 pump as a replacement.

I really think these problems on the DPF and EGR are in my opinion bad things forced upon the diesels engines by the EPA a government agency that does not manufacture engines. I Think the manufacturers know more about engine design than the government bureaucrats. If the engines get better mileage and they would if the EPA did not tell the manufacturers how to build the engines. The engines would also last longer and cost a less to build. In the end cause less pollution.

Last edited by mrorganic; October 12th, 2018 at 11:32.
Old October 12th, 2018, 12:40   #340
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

The cp4 pump was the replacement for the cp3. The main reason being the cp4 saved them money. Failures are statistically fairly rare. Not very reassuring if you have a failure, I'll admit.
You really can't blame the EPA for wanting clean air. The European regulators want the same thing, and would have/have resulted in more or less the same emissions control strategies. Trust me, you don't want to live in a world devoid of environmental regulation.
turbobrick240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2018, 13:01   #341
Steve4891

TDI(s): Golf

Where can I get the cp3 hpfp to upgrade???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve4891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2018, 14:26   #342
mrorganic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve4891 View Post
Where can I get the cp3 hpfp to upgrade???

On Ebay at https://www.ebay.com/i/323450957989?chn=ps

or at http://darksidedevelopments.co.uk/
Old October 12th, 2018, 14:33   #343
Steve4891

TDI(s): Golf

Thanks

Steve4891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2018, 13:53   #344
adrian537

Quote:

i'm curious to know if anyone purchased the CP3 from any of the locations listed and how that experience was.
Old October 17th, 2018, 16:17   #345
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

I got mine from 2micron, but Ryan at Darkside developments(UK) is a very good guy and has as much expertise in tdi performance parts as anyone. Don't know about the guy in Romania.
turbobrick240 is offline   Reply With Quote