Trusted mechanics in Michigan SCS area

cwarner

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta also have a 2001 Dodge ram /Cummins
I have some work I need done on my 2000 Jetta, (timing belt change, and some performance upgrades) and am wondering if there is anyone near the St. Clair Shores area ? I know there's Marty B (TDI trusted mechanic) but he's at least an hour and a half (one way) from my house. If he's my only choice I guess I'll have to deal with it.

cwarner

Veteran Member
TDI
Well it looks like Marty is it... as soon as I can get the car in. I picked it up last Friday and haven't driven it since. Can't wait to get all the stuff done.

euromade

Veteran Member
TDI
Back to the gasser world
r90sKirk does all my TDI related work...very knowledgable. Just a few minutes north of Grand Rapids.
PM if you need his phone/e-mail
Thanks.

cwarner

Veteran Member
TDI
Grand Rapids is like 3 hours away... I live in St Clair Shores which is on Lake St Clair , north of Detroit.

cwarner

Veteran Member
TDI
For those that have used Marty B , how long does it usually take to get a vehicle in for some work ?

gataloca

TDI
GLS 2002 Silver
cwarner said:
For those that have used Marty B , how long does it usually take to get a vehicle in for some work ?
I've been to his place twice. Both times were pretty easy to schedule. One time last year, I was having some major turbo issues and he saw me that evening.
Has anyone spoken to him lately? I'm actually looking to have some suspension work done. I've called and emailed, but haven't heard back.

dabear95

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS, Silver
I'm at 696 and 94 but I'm no guru. If you need help with basic stuff, oil changes, fuel filters, intake cleaning, etc I can assist. I also Drive to Marty's as needed for timing belts, suspension, nozzles, etc.

Jason

cwarner

Veteran Member
TDI
Kirchner,
I actually talked with him briefly , I think he's really busy. I waited around 3-4 days for a reply on when and how much then just decided to save the money and do things myself. Between him and the guy in Grand Rapids (kirk) I think they have a ton of work.

Jason,
I'm at 9 and harper. I decided to just do it all myself. I have the car apart at the moment , things are going pretty good.... although it isn't running yet !