litte damage gift curb damage

vwtdi04

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf
not very happy day today for me
I have received little gift from loved one, the passenger side panel damage I had to hammer the driver side as it was touching the door, now question comes, the cost and is it worth it, it seems that looks like entire side panel needs to be change correct me if I am wrong to replace this ? or this lower panel can be fixed ? any recommendations for shops that can fix this type of damage

vwtdi04

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf
that is not that bad, I was afraid that this will run into 1500 cdn,
I will go and check out how much this will cost me..

bruzer_boy

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
Silver is actually a tough colour to paint. Well actually the paint part isn't so tough its blending it that is the tough part. Those other quotes seem quite low. I would expect to pay more like 1000 plus taxes.

blaz

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat
I third that. Cover it up. No matter what anybody does, it's gonna start rusting out in no time anyway, now that the protective galvanized layer has been broken.

blaz

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat
je said:
What would the skirts do for rust besides cover that too? The rust would soon spread.
Nothing. You're screwed. I dread little accidents like this with a good car that you really want to keep a long time.

Jason's right; sand and paint will help for while. But especially down there you have to protect the paint from scratches so put on the skirts.

Kellys5

if your putting skirts one thing that I find that helps in this case is to remove and clean under the skirts every spring and apply the oily undercoat in that area.