Loud click when clutch released

TFS1

TDI
VW Golf TDI

Hey all. I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this isn't the correct place to post. I recently purchased a Mk6 Golf in a private sale. Its been a bit of a cash cow as had to replace the timing belt and its getting a new clutch on Thursday this week. Anyway, last Thursday I started hearing a loud click when releasing the clutch pedal around 90% of the way. Its going in to the garage on Thursday and the mechanic said he'll diagnose it but that there's 18 separate parts that go in to a clutch pedal so it could be any one of those components. Has anyone else had this issue and what was it? The master cylinder was worked on a couple months ago, mechanic said at that time the stiff clutch had caused it to burst a seal. Could this be related? Any info that could help pinpoint it would be appreciated. Just to mention: If I put pressure to the right when I clutch, it doesn't click. (I'm UK so its a right hand drive).

TFS1

TDI
VW Golf TDI
Had the car in the garage. Turns out when the master cylinder was worked on, a spring was put on the wrong way resulting in the click. No parts but plenty Labour cost. Had the clutch replaced, front suspension arms, fuel filter, new brake pads and two new tyres. Drives like a dream now.