Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

MTRN

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'98 Jetta TDI 5spM Sedan; '03 Jetta TDI 5spM Wagon X 2
Thanks to Herm Pasker

I want to thank Herm Pasker, Trusted TDI Mechanic about 60 miles from me in Richmond, ME. My '03 Jetta TDI manual wagon was running poorly since timing belt change and other work done closer to home. Herm corrected static & dynamic timing, gave it a stage 1 tune, EGR delete, fixed a vacuum pump leak, adjusted glow plug cycle time, cleaned engine bay & applied protectant - and more. Herm addressed every concern, provided extensive teaching for everything he did and more, and lastly had me drive to experience the car's improved performance (with him along - aka instruction re driving a German touring car). Never met someone in his business demonstrate his level of expertise or commitment to car and driver, I simply cannot thank him enough, driving this car is pure joy now.
~Betsy

If you happen to read this Herm, I finally got the springs unfrozen and the racks are off :D

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Added the following

Automotive Consulting Services
Roman Goldin (GotEuroCorrado)
21 North York Rd Unit 3b
Hatboro, PA 19040
(267) 317 8229

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
emissions removal can be a legal issue for any shop the car goes to. if that's the case.

cobra390t

Veteran Member
TDI
06 VW Jetta BRM 5SPD ,2005 Passat TDI Wagon( SOLD ), 05 Mk4 Golf BEW , 04 MK4 Golf BEW , MPG Who cares It's a Diesel
I wanted to thank Brent Whitehead the owner

Whiteheads VW
1275 Oceana Blvd
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23454
Phone: 757.425.1999
Owner: Brent Whitehead
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...&postcount=914

He opened the shop on Saturday to inspect a potential car we were going to buy . Glad i contacted him , He is very experienced wit VW and Audi. He helped me out big time and saved me from buying a BIG lemon . :D

Over all it was great 3 hours trip each way , Went home empty handed but made a good friend

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Any thing close to Long Island, NY
I don't think anyone has ever recommended a shop on Long Island. There must be at least one competent TDI mechanic, or one shop with mechanics who know their way around a TDI engine. But if such a place has been found, it's been kept a secret.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
I don't think anyone has ever recommended a shop on Long Island. There must be at least one competent TDI mechanic, or one shop with mechanics who know their way around a TDI engine. But if such a place has been found, it's been kept a secret.
You can try local user groups, even just a generic VW/german club type group.
Like Red says, there must be someone on that big island that can do this.

sleek98

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Had a good experience with Coolair yesterday. Wife dropped off the Passat for a DSG fluid service, got it back a few hours later and it was shifting a little smoother than it went in.

deezelpower

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI, 2015 Audi Q7 TDI
Could we remove AutoVice Lynnwood from the Washington State list? They replaced the timing belt on my 2004 TDI but it was installed one-tooth off, and they adjusted the cam (torsion) all the way to one extreme to compensate!! This is not what I'd expect from a guru. Thanks.

ConvergenceFreak

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon GLS w/ 5-speed swap
Good prices on parts!

I had a good parts buying experience and got good prices from Roman of Automotive Consulting by Roman, aka: GotEuroCorrado here on TDIclub. His clutch kit is a good value and feels very much like a factory DMF when it's actually stronger than the stock set-up, a SMF and very quiet. No gear rattle at all.

I also bought a used MK4 shifter and shift tower for an 02J to replace the MK3 shift set-up, that was installed during my transmission swap. Other parts I bought: Engine, Trans and Dogbone mounts, window regulator clips, CV boot, PS fluid.

He helped me get the parts on short notice, has deep knowledge about TDIs and offered little tips and pointers that are helping me get the car back together.

Thanks Roman!

He is now on the Trusted TDI list for PA and can be found here:
21 N. York Road Unit 3B
Hatboro PA 19040
Tel: (267) 317-8229

Last edited:

TurboDirectInject

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 5 spd
Anyone have any experience with All German Performance in Asheville, NC?

They seem to have really good online reviews.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
In the Asheville area many here have gone to Appalachian Diesel Works... 2893 New Leicester Hwy (NC highway 63), Leicester... 828-273-8951

Yuri

mr_y82

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have... '11 Golf, 6-spd, 2-door
^this. I was just at ADW yesterday... I recommend asking Daniel if he has time before taking a TDI anywhere else in the area...

Anyone have any experience with All German Performance in Asheville, NC?

They seem to have really good online reviews.

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
Wolfsberg VW and Audi Memphis TN

WOLFSBERG
Independent VW / Audi Service

Wolfsburg Automotive
4907 Old Summer Rd.
Memphis, Tn 38122

http://www.wolfsburgauto.com/

I highly recommend. Jim and Pat owners are real VW car guys.
They have 5 other Techs. They specialize in VW and Audi.
They do work on Porsche and Mini's.

tjpeterson96

TDI
04 bew jetta
Central Florida VW Mechanic

Jason's bug ranch in Winter Garden, FL are the the coolest guys you will ever meet.

Jason's bug ranch
401 E Smith St, Winter Garden, FL 34787
Phone: (407) 877-7262
http://www.jasonsbugranch.com/
https://www.facebook.com/JasonsBugRanch

if you're near the Orlando area, they're the guys you want. Head guys used to work at VW dealership with certifications to prove it. I've seen everything in their shop from air cooled bugs, to a tdi swapped vanagon they made, to even a W12 Phaeton one time :eek: so you know they know what they're doing. Plus they do free diagnostics!

Last edited:

eutecticpt

TDI
2004 Jetta
Apex Tuning quoted me $2962 to perform a timing belt service and replacing the camshaft on a 2006 Jetta TDI. Any thoughts on this price? Thanks

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Body work isn't at all TDI specific, though, and unless you've got an aluminum Audi (for US market TDIs, that means the A6, A7, and A8, I believe), the body work procedures are going to be rather conventional. (If you do have one of those Audis, you will want a body shop that's good at dealing with aluminum.) So, it's about finding a good body shop period, not a TDI-specific body shop.

nforkvw

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI Jetta 6 Speed Manual / Gray, 2009 VW Jetta TDI 6 speed manual / Red,
For Northern VA recommend Mark Talbot (Talbot Motors) in Berryville, VA. Just had both of my 2009 VW Jetta TDIs serviced and one CEL checked out by Mark. Did a good job and for a good (fair) price, will be back for service and repairs.

BoostN

TDI
2012 Sedan
I wanted to say thanks to vwjettadsl for coming by and doing a DSG flush for me. Professional, Fast, friendly, and well priced. Can't ask for anything better! Thanks again Ben.

(sorry I'm late for posting this) - Jeff

expetrush

TDI
2009 TDI Sportwagen
09 TDI Timing belt/water pump book time

Does anyone have what the repair time is listed as (in Bentley or similar?) I just got a quote to repair for $850 (kit alone is approx $350). Is this a 4+ hour job?

maximumdog

TDI
05 jetta wagon, SOLD
Looking for trusted reasonably priced mechanic in southern NH...Suggestions please...

Thanks

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
I wanted to say thanks to vwjettadsl for coming by and doing a DSG flush for me. Professional, Fast, friendly, and well priced. Can't ask for anything better! Thanks again Ben.
(sorry I'm late for posting this) - Jeff
Thanks Jeff! Always glad to help out.
Happy driving:)
-Ben