MN Chat Thread

02tdivw

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf Tdi
short block

up for sale 1.9 TDI short block with code ALH , engine came out at from 2002 240k.

$150

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Any want a set of Blizzaks on steel wheels? We are moving to GA and I will not need them. I am going to put them on Craigslist probably tomorrow.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
165/95 15 which is stock tire size for an A4. The lug pattern is 5 by 100. I did a google search and it should fit your car.
might want to try googleing more. a mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi is a mk6 golf variant. has more in common with the 4dr golf than the jetta. the tdi, and i believe all newer ones have 5x112 pattern. and becaise the tdi has 312mm front rotors. i could only fit 15s on the rear. front is 16 at the smallest. unless its a large barrel 15" rim. if they fit i would be all over them. the 2 sizes that came on the mk6 jsw tdi were 205/55/16 and 225/45/17

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
I just looked at the Fleet Farm circular. From now until August 1st, Delvac 1 ESP 5w40 is $19.99 a gallon. There are no current rebates from Mobil, but this is still a pretty good price -- about $6/gallon less than the normal prices for Delvac 1 or Mobil 1 TDT.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
My neurotic O1M: Ok put in reverse then in drive, fine. Oh not fine, reboot, reverse, then into 1st gear and wait, ok there we go. Driving up a hill under load top the hill and oh we. have no idea what to do, put it in 2nd gear and all is good. Nick did say this trannie would last and I believe him now.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Anyone have a slide hammer that they would wanna rent out? Or possibly sell if need be. I tried renting one from O'Reilly's but the one they gave me wasn't what I needed. I'm pulling the injectors in my car for bigger nozzles.
Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

indigoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
16" Factory OEM rim for a 2015 Volkswagen Golf

I don't know what the name is for the rims that came stock on this car - but I'm having trouble with them. I live at the end of 3.5 miles of gravel road and they are caking up with road dust and throwing the wheels out of balance... Same goes in the winter - the rims fill up with snow and ice. now you'll think the debris would be evenly distributed as they turn - but no. Once cleaned out the micro vibrations go away - but even the smallest shimmy in the steering wheel drives me nuts! Never had a problem with the '02 Avus. Anyone else have this problem - would switching to a different rim fix it?

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I have these ones and with winter snow on the roads it will pack in them sometimes and make ice packs. I just chip the most of it out with a wide screwdriver, or pressure wash them at the car wash place. I have had the ice expand, and lock the caliper to the rim once....didn't notice untill i hit the tar road 1 mile away. The car wouldn't drive straight then.

I drive a ton of dirt/clay roads and haven't had a problem with them coming out of balance, so idk about that one.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI

in case anyone is looking for an mk1 rabbit, or decides they need one in their life. Saw it and so I thought i'd through it up here. Almost wanna go look at it myself.

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
Free alh injection pump CORE.

Bought this pump years ago just for the case pressure regulator, so it is missing at least that part. Seems to be mostly complete and partially disassembled. Should be good for an exchange core or parts.

Pickup only in eden prairie. I'll take some pics when I get a chance.

PM if able to pickup

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ah my 2003 Jetta TDI wagon is dead going to a guy who will either fix it or part it out in Rockford IL. The O1M was getting more and more unreliable. But since we needed two cars of stuff to support the move I thought well it is only 1200 miles it will be fine. And the way to Rockford it lost control many times and then would engage with a hard thump. Not good. But the end was when I went out to get food and there was a low curb in the middle of the road that was not that low and caught the bottom of the radiator. Sigh. Since I was on the road I figured with towing parts and labor I was looking at probably close to $1,000 so I let it.

02tdivw

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf Tdi
Ah my 2003 Jetta TDI wagon is dead going to a guy who will either fix it or part it out in Rockford IL. The O1M was getting more and more unreliable. But since we needed two cars of stuff to support the move I thought well it is only 1200 miles it will be fine. And the way to Rockford it lost control many times and then would engage with a hard thump. Not good. But the end was when I went out to get food and there was a low curb in the middle of the road that was not that low and caught the bottom of the radiator. Sigh. Since I was on the road I figured with towing parts and labor I was looking at probably close to $1,000 so I let it.
I am interested sent you pm

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
For ALH and PD owners: Fleet Farm has a deal on Rotella T6:
1) 1-gallon jugs for $22.99 and a $7 mail-in rebate = $15.99 final price ($4/quart)
2) 2.5-gallon jugs for $50.49 and a $17.50 mail-in rebate = $32.99 final price ($3.30/quart)

Prices good through October 24th.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
blaine had no more 2.5s of the 5w40, but they had a pallet of gallons, grabbed a case of three of them
I saw something on the rebate counter for delvac, dunno if it covered the synthetic stuff too, though

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
turns out the UPC for the case of 3 gallons doesn't work with the rebate
also turns out they've got a pallet of 5 gallon buckets of the T6 5w40 in the back, 100 bucks each
so I got four of those instead
100-35 rebate=65 bucks for 5gal, or 13 a gallon or 3.25 a quart

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
ooo, ill have to try and get there soon. stock up while its cheap. Last year i tried on black Friday, but they were all out. The 5gal were going for like $60 or $70 can't remember exactly.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I saw something on the rebate counter for Delvac, dunno if it covered the synthetic stuff too, though
Actually, there is, and I'm glad you brought it up.
"$10 Visa Prepaid card with original register receipt(s) showing proof of purchase of one (1) 1-gallon jug of Mobil Delvac 1™ ESP heavy-duty diesel engine oil. Limit two (2) Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 1-gallon jug rebates per household." (Offer valid August 1st through November 30th, 2020.)

Two gallons won't last me very long, but it's better than no rebate at all.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Nice!
I like the rotella because my engines burn a lot of it, where they don't seem to burn most any other brand at all.
I figure that it's going through 4qt in the normal 10k interval so why drain it? Just like those pre-emissions stationary engines that had oil injection pumps and a reservoir to continuously change the oil while in operation. The anti-wear additives are being replenished continuously, only issue is the particulate smaller than the filter will catch, but that doesn't concern me all that much.
Swapped the filter at 10k last time and it still looked brand new, so I'll do 15k next time.
ooo, ill have to try and get there soon. stock up while its cheap. Last year i tried on black Friday, but they were all out. The 5gal were going for like $60 or $70 can't remember exactly.
for whatever reason the only buckets they had on the shelf were the conventional t4 15w40
the 5w40 t6 synth stuff was listed on the website so I asked about it, turns out it was on a pallet waaaay in the back of the back of the store, took 10 minutes for the guy to even find it

Last edited:

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
I'm waiting for FF's next sale on Delvac1. And the next Delvac1 rebate offer. I'm running low.
As mentioned, the DelVac rebate(s) are (and have been ongoing) until Nov. 30, 2020. I'm hoping the local L&M Fleet Supply will sale price it before that offer ends. I use it for my Honda GoldWing also and only have enough stock left for one full TDI oil change and another "partial". Should do both the 2003 and the 'ol 2001 beast. Two gallons would get me thru til spring. The Wing has been changed and probably done for the year after the last couple days snowfall.

Last edited: