www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Non VW Group Diesels

Non VW Group Diesels This section is for discusion of Non VWGroup Diesels.

Old July 6th, 2019, 08:21   #931
truman
Veteran Member

How does the size, comfort, and cost of ownership of a 328d wagon compare to a BHW wagon?
truman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2019, 13:57   #932
dmanb2b
Veteran Member

I'll just leave this here

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...8ZFoWpQGFfD5lU

Old July 29th, 2019, 14:00   #933
BuzzKen

I have seen this car in person, Bradley did a super clean build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanb2b View Post
BuzzKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2019, 15:16   #934
dmanb2b
Veteran Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzKen View Post
I have seen this car in person, Bradley did a super clean build.
Miss ya buddy
Old July 31st, 2019, 18:29   #935
ATR
Veteran Member

Sold for $34k

***Official maintenance schedule for your VW [PDFs inside]***
ATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 11:17   #936
n1das
TDIClub Enthusiast
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Who cares? It's a DIESEL! Great fuel economy comes as a bonus!
Cool

I reached a milestone today....I took delivery of my 2014 535dx 6 years ago TODAY on Wednesday 8/14/2013. Only at 128k miles and climbing.

My order for the car was entered into the system on 7/1/2013, a little more than 24 hours after the 535d and 328d models first appeared on BMW's website. I was watching and waiting to pounce on the opportunity the moment it presented itself. The "customer sold" status on the order bumped it ahead of others in the normal build queue and the build started almost the next day. About 2 weeks later, the build was finished and the car spent about a week or so going through all of its quality checks before leaving the factory. Then it spent about a week at the port waiting for enough cars to fill the container ship. It took about a week to come across the pond to the port of entry in NJ. BMW wasted no time in getting the car transported to my BMW dealer (Tulley BMW in Nashua NH).
Ozone Precursors - https://sites.google.com/view/lorenmarz-ccm/home
General - https://sites.google.com/view/emissions-general/home
n1das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2019, 05:34   #937
tditom
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Golf: 54/48/43.5 B4 Passat: 52/48.5/45 B5.5 Passat: 30 mpg mixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1das View Post
I reached a milestone today....I took delivery of my 2014 535dx 6 years ago TODAY on Wednesday 8/14/2013. Only at 128k miles and climbing.
My order for the car was entered into the system on 7/1/2013, a little more than 24 hours after the 535d and 328d models first appeared on BMW's website. I was watching and waiting to pounce on the opportunity the moment it presented itself. The "customer sold" status on the order bumped it ahead of others in the normal build queue and the build started almost the next day. About 2 weeks later, the build was finished and the car spent about a week or so going through all of its quality checks before leaving the factory. Then it spent about a week at the port waiting for enough cars to fill the container ship. It took about a week to come across the pond to the port of entry in NJ. BMW wasted no time in getting the car transported to my BMW dealer (Tulley BMW in Nashua NH).
Congrats on your milestone.
I have a 2014 535d xDrive too. I've been receiving notices from BMW for the EGR. My local dealer has the parts in stock, so I'm debating having this done. The car runs fine, so I'm not keen to fix something that hasn't yet broken. Have you had this done proactively? I'm kind of concerned they may mess something up while retrofitting. Any advice? Thanks.
Why I recommend fuel additive.
tditom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2019, 13:12   #938
n1das
TDIClub Enthusiast
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Who cares? It's a DIESEL! Great fuel economy comes as a bonus!
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tditom View Post
Congrats on your milestone.
I have a 2014 535d xDrive too. I've been receiving notices from BMW for the EGR. My local dealer has the parts in stock, so I'm debating having this done. The car runs fine, so I'm not keen to fix something that hasn't yet broken. Have you had this done proactively? I'm kind of concerned they may mess something up while retrofitting. Any advice? Thanks.
I've been declining the recall at my BMW dealer. I'll deal with it if an issue shows up. My 535dx is only at 128k miles and going strong.

The BMW EGR cooler recall for the N57 engine reminds me of VW dealer horror stories with the PD TDIs where the EGR cooler kept failing (cracking) due to the techs leaving out one hard to reach bolt which mounts the cooler. The car was fine until a VW dealer service department touched the EGR cooler. VW dealers kept replacing EGR coolers multiple times instead of addressing the root cause of failure.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke, lest one fix until broke.
Ozone Precursors - https://sites.google.com/view/lorenmarz-ccm/home
General - https://sites.google.com/view/emissions-general/home
n1das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2019, 21:53   #939
tditom
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Golf: 54/48/43.5 B4 Passat: 52/48.5/45 B5.5 Passat: 30 mpg mixed

Quote:
I've been declining the recall at my BMW dealer. I'll deal with it if an issue shows up...

...Don't fix it if it ain't broke, lest one fix until broke.
Thanks, We're of the same opinion on this.
Why I recommend fuel additive.
tditom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2019, 18:00   #940
PeteZ06
Veteran Member

TDI(s): E320 CDI

Quote:

Good to hear... I'm only at 55K miles on my 2014 535Dx M Sport.. warranty still for another 2 years. I'm planning on doing a EGR and DPF delete as soon as the warranty goes. Enjoying it with a Stage 2 tune for now.
'05 HD Road King 95ci Heads/Cams 99rwhp
PeteZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote