Experience with off-brand European nozzles?

McGuillicuddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (5MT)
Hoping people can comment on their experiences with off-brand nozzles. I'm not referring to eBay/Chinese nozzles (although there may be some overlap) but rather European brands other than Bosio/Bosch etc. In my search for nozzles from local and online vendors I've been coming across brands such as:

-DTP (http://dtp-motorteile.de/en/) apparently a German company but they won't tell me where the nozzles are made
-dutchautoparts.com has Wuzetem (Poland)
-idparts.com offers Firad (Italian)
-Darkside has Gibonta nozzles.
-CTS Turbo offers these nozzles: http://www.ctsturbo.com/cart/catalog/TDI_Nozzles_and_Injection-642-1.html of undetermined origin. These are also available from concept1.ca in Canada.

These all tend to be more expensive than eBay nozzles, but less than genuine Bosios/Bosch nozzles. Would love to hear people who have experience with any of these.

Last edited:

sam-

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf mk3 tdi AFN
As i saw many people using wuzetem nozzles in the eastern europe, i asked them directly for price and it was something like 20 or 25€ piece for the 0.260, if the quality is good its quite cheap.

There also KZ diesel from Hungary, he got nozzle for vp, pd and other diesel engine.

Owned by the guy who show how to test 2nd stage pressure of nozzle without expensive tool in a video of dieselmeken.

What aobut cpc diesel nozzle ? Still active ?

sam-

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf mk3 tdi AFN
Was it a stock ALH short block ?

Still dont know if i give a try on stock AFN, reduce piston cr, asz/arl rotating assembly or maxspeeding rods. It will run a gtb2060vklr

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
DSS-r .360s, de110/12mm
maybe 25k miles on them so far?
they aren't very balanced, just listening to how the engine runs

they start nice, even when cold, obv more fuel than the pp764s it had before

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I have a set of these I got at Concept1: KINTDINOZZ216K, back in April of this year and have had no troubles with them. I had Mark at DFIS set them up for me, and they were in and out in a day or two.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I think this question is better presented to those who set up injectors, as they "see" the differences first hand. The local shop I send VE injectors to used to sell both Bosch (which are mostly Chinese now, sadly) and Bosio. The Bosio products started out very good, and were a great value... but as time went on, their QC went into the crapper. And it got to a point where they had to get about ten nozzles at a time to find four that would match up good as a set. And maybe two of the ten would be just plain junk. Got so bad, he quit carrying them altogether. They have something else as an alternative to Bosch now, I forget the name, but the last set I put in a customer's car seemed to be fine. SIC was picture perfect, and this was on a 300k mile car, too.

I have also not had any problem with the Chinese Bosch nozzles. I hate Chinese products, both on principle and on the sting of spotty to downright abysmal quality. However, the GENUINE Bosch stuff seems to be fine. I assume they brought their own QC to China. The new VE pumps have been coming from Czech Republic for several years now, and I've installed a bunch of those without any problems, too.

McGuillicuddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (5MT)
I think this question is better presented to those who set up injectors, as they "see" the differences first hand. The local shop I send VE injectors to used to sell both Bosch (which are mostly Chinese now, sadly) and Bosio. The Bosio products started out very good, and were a great value... but as time went on, their QC went into the crapper. And it got to a point where they had to get about ten nozzles at a time to find four that would match up good as a set. And maybe two of the ten would be just plain junk. Got so bad, he quit carrying them altogether. They have something else as an alternative to Bosch now, I forget the name, but the last set I put in a customer's car seemed to be fine. SIC was picture perfect, and this was on a 300k mile car, too.
I have also not had any problem with the Chinese Bosch nozzles. I hate Chinese products, both on principle and on the sting of spotty to downright abysmal quality. However, the GENUINE Bosch stuff seems to be fine. I assume they brought their own QC to China. The new VE pumps have been coming from Czech Republic for several years now, and I've installed a bunch of those without any problems, too.
Interesting. Based on your experience it would seem that Bosio is no longer worth the price premium it once was.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Well Bosio was much cheaper than Bosch, which is why they got so popular for a time. I have no experience with the others. I would trust anything that Kerma or IDparts sells, though.

McGuillicuddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (5MT)
Convenient timing I was just looking at MEC EVO. Anyone have experience with their "Mec Evo" branded nozzles?
I emailed them and they told me that their nozzles have the same design and quality control as Firad nozzles (sold by idparts.com).

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Not sure what Pete set me up with, but Idparts has a hot swap and I am happy with the way Donna’s car runs with them, balanced well per vcds readings

Jukums

TDI
1.9 TDI 1Z TDR.lv
At the moment I dont even know any manufacturer, what doesnt produce nozzles in china.
But in experience with china nozzles, then there is good quality, what work very good and then there is bad nozzles, what wont last long.
Gibonta nozzles wont last long and you can buy this nozzles in Aliexpress a lot cheaper.
At the moment I use 0,300 nozzles from china and drived with them 40-50k km and they still run grate. But they are to short for fueling over 300hp, above 300hp setup I use gibonta style aliexpress nozzles with size 0,370, but in my experience they last like 10k km and then they need to be changed, but for that price it is ok.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
I bought a set of 4 Wuzetem .230 nozzles off Ebay some months ago.
Had them balanced at a local shop. After 10k miles they are still well within spec with a spread of 1 on VCDS, IIRC in block 13. Total cost of $350, I installed them myself.

They throw a lot of fuel and currently have an IQ of 6.4. A bit of smoke at WOT, and if I punch it ~ 2200rpm there's smoke, roll into a
bit, no problem.

Shortly I'll have a PD150 manifold intake in with boost & EGT gauges to give me some better monitoring as to what precisely is going on.

IDparts is now offering Firads at a good price. If I'd had the option 6
months ago, I would have gone for a set of the .215s over the Wuzetems.

My car is a daily driver, and more than fast enough to get me in
trouble. With a more aggressive tune, more air with the manifold,
and bump the turbo up a couple of psi, it'd be fun on the track,
but for longevity, reliability, and durability, I'm happy with the
current setup.

I've been doing a lot more towing than I ever thought
I would. After a 5k round trip with a teardrop, and a 400 mile tow coming up pulling my 2500# boat/trailer, (installing brakes as we speak), I'm confident the car will pull it, the trailer brakes will help to stop it. The nozzles are delivering the goods.

Thanks for the input from the pros on the quality issues on the various brands. The marketplace is constantly changing, and it's
all a bit of crapshoot.

My $.02,
R*2

McGuillicuddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (5MT)
FWIW in another thread Owain from Malone confirmed that DTP nozzles mentioned in my OP were good in his experience. I'll probably go with those since that is what my local provider (Giles at performancedieselinjection.com) recommends and supplies.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Giles has been at it a long time and specializes in VW injection pumps. We usually put the ECUs he ships in in the back of the shop to de-gas for the day since they smell so strongly of diesel :p

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
Rrusse11 can you update us now almost year later on the Wuzetem nozzles.

After 30k, nozzles are still rock solid. The PD150 intake, egr delete and a catch can off the CCV has the car running very nicely. FE hovers around
40mpg mixed.

I have been eyeing off a set of the Firad .216s, should get a bit better mileage.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
since my last post ITT I've swapped out the DSS-r .360s

found some $7 chinese garbage ".30" nozzles and they are actually working out better in every way than the DSS ones, mind you I bought a hundred bucks' worth and chose the best from the lot

racerxtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 5spd GLS
I was thinking about testing a .260um Nozzle from them Wuzetem... Currently taking donations to do so!

@Rrusse11 I am running PP520 DBW Setup with a Square plug do you want to trade for the .230 (they have about 35k on them)...

Last edited:

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
I was thinking about testing a .260um Nozzle from them Wuzetem... Currently taking donations to do so!

@Rrusse11 I am running PP520 DBW Setup with a Square plug do you want to trade for the .230 (they have about 35k on them)...

Thanks for the offer, but wrong 3rd injector plug. And I've already got a

a spare set, I'll keep both. One of these days I'll stumble across another

Golf at the right price, and will have the bits and pieces on hand to do some upgrading.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Real simple to change the plug on the car harness side, a tubular release tool and the wires pull right out of the plug. The other slips right back on. Plug from junkyard or I believe Idparts has them

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
Well, BORA aka cascade German says they legit. ID parts sells em too.
So I went ahead and bought some. Well see, but they have been around a long time according to the sales pitch st cascade Germans web page. I’m thinking they be great.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Yes, been around a long time, and yes - customers have been extremely impressed with them. While I still have Bosio on the shelf the above mentioned "you have to go through 10 sets to get a balanced one" is very true when it comes to Bosio.

Because of this it was important for me to find a nozzle that was balanced from the factory, didn't use Chinese steel and wasn't made in China. Wuzetem use Italian steel, are pre balanced in the factory and are made in Poland.

Oh, and the price is right too. :)

-BB

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
Ahhhh, available now in USA, I found mine on UK Ebay. When I asked
my injector shop about them, the response was, "We see a lot of Polish nozzles".