www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old October 8th, 2018, 08:32   #76
TDI Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETaah View Post
Mark's Tiguan is just a platform for a GTG gut job to install a TDI engine.
Mark, we are all waiting for the fun to begin. Have you told Kirk your plans yet?
Hmmm - do you think Mark plans to shoehorn a V10 TDI into it?
251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2018, 08:49   #77
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 251 View Post
Looks like the dilution of TDI's has begun as Mark of Diesel has a (gasp!) gas Tiguan! Hope he remembers the focal point of this GTG is vehicles that do not have spark plugs or coil packs!
It's good JETaah and others will provide the food eating services. That means the rest of us will be in charge of the DRINKING services!
I don't have spark plugs or coil packs! Can I come?
Old October 8th, 2018, 09:10   #78
Ellis Vee

Fuel Economy: 42

I have a 2003 Jetta Wagon and I recently discovered my carpet has been getting wet and probably moldy underneath. Almost have it pulled (just need the front seats out now)...
Does anyone have a clean grey carpet and foam/rubber backer that they want to bring to the gathering and part with?
Old October 8th, 2018, 09:30   #79
r90sKirk
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI View Post
I don't have spark plugs or coil packs! Can I come?
Hoping you guys do!
Old October 8th, 2018, 09:31   #80
r90sKirk
Veteran Member

Just under three weeks away, bump!
Old October 8th, 2018, 10:29   #81
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

looking forward to this one. See everyone there.. I suppose I should look up what hotel I stayed at last year...

Schmutz 2015 GSW S DSG
Schnurren 2001 Golf 2 door.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2018, 10:38   #82
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

Kirk,

do you still have any of those rust free Golf Hatches? if so, price?

Schmutz 2015 GSW S DSG
Schnurren 2001 Golf 2 door.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2018, 11:31   #83
TDI Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Vee View Post
I have a 2003 Jetta Wagon and I recently discovered my carpet has been getting wet and probably moldy underneath. Almost have it pulled (just need the front seats out now)...
Does anyone have a clean grey carpet and foam/rubber backer that they want to bring to the gathering and part with?
A new carpet is not going to fix your water ingress issue. Does your wagon have a sunroof? If 'yes' check the sunroof drains to see if they are clogged up.

You may want to contact Chris Thompson (username CTTDI) as he is local to Kirk and has brought parts to sell at Kirk's GTG's in the past. I believe he works at a salvage yard and might be able to find you a wagon carpet/backing.
251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2018, 14:07   #84
Ellis Vee

Quote:
A new carpet is not going to fix your water ingress issue. Does your wagon have a sunroof? If 'yes' check the sunroof drains to see if they are clogged up.
You may want to contact Chris Thompson (username CTTDI) as he is local to Kirk and has brought parts to sell at Kirk's GTG's in the past. I believe he works at a salvage yard and might be able to find you a wagon carpet/backing.
Thanks for the tip. I'll look him up.
I don't have a sunroof but I think I've narrowed it down to a clogged up fender drain, causing water to back up and pour in through the firewall by the hood release cable.
Like this: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=359774
Planning to fix that this weekend, and just want the replacement carpet to be free of mold.
Old October 8th, 2018, 15:21   #85
Mark of Diesel

Quote:
Looks like the dilution of TDI's has begun as Mark of Diesel has a (gasp!) gas Tiguan! Hope he remembers the focal point of this GTG is vehicles that do not have spark plugs or coil packs!
It's good JETaah and others will provide the food eating services. That means the rest of us will be in charge of the DRINKING services!
As far as I'm concerned, the focal point of these GTGs has always been the people regardless of their fuel type used to get there. If VW in their infinite wisdom had offered the U.S. a TDI Tiggy, I would've been right at the front of the line to get one but alas, it is not to be and I wanted one more new vehicle with warranty before I retire, 'nuf said. Hey Aaron, I believe I can speak for Marty when I say we'd be honored to have you as the 3rd Amigo and no points will be deducted for DSG juice on your person...
Old October 8th, 2018, 15:44   #86
Sprocket
Sprockette's hubby

The Sprockets will be there too! I have some stuff to sell that I can bring with me if anyone is interested. I'll put a list together.

Touareg 20" Mountain wheels w/ Toyo Proxes 4 plus. These came off my 2010 Touareg. 14k miles on them.
sale thread here: https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f...ml#post2016729

Frost Heater for a 2012 Golf - Brand new in the box it came in. M&M's don't come with the box though
http://www.frostheater.com/

DSG Service Kit from ID Parts.

I'll also sell my 2005 VW Passat w/ 6 speed manual & my 1996 Passat Wagon. I haven't put together sale threads on these yet, but will do so soon. If anyone's interested, lets talk.
B4V, 2.0L w/ BHW pistons, Rosten Rods, Girdle, 11mm, GTB1756vk, RC6, PP764s, .622 5th, Colt Cam II, Ecodes W/leveling motors & Euro switch, fog lights, Koni Yellow, Cat FF, Whitbread 2.5" DP, exhaust, FMIC

Last edited by Sprocket; October 8th, 2018 at 15:47.
Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2018, 20:15   #87
Fastevan47

Fuel Economy: 45-50 mpg

Since there is talk about people bringing parts they have to sell, does anyone have a black glove box, a black center console, an antenna, a front right black rubber floor mat (or a set of all 4 black rubber mats) for a 2000 Jetta? If you do, I’ll bring some money! Maybe I’ll have to check out the for sale pages on here...
Thanks!
Old October 9th, 2018, 04:02   #88
PakProtector
Veteran Member

I have a chip in my 1990 Cummins...it is hanging from the rearview mirror...
cheers,
Douglas

2004 Jetta, 5spd...stock and turning 47-48mpg
PakProtector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2018, 05:02   #89
Ellis Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastevan47 View Post
Since there is talk about people bringing parts they have to sell, does anyone have a black glove box, a black center console, an antenna, a front right black rubber floor mat (or a set of all 4 black rubber mats) for a 2000 Jetta? If you do, Iíll bring some money! Maybe Iíll have to check out the for sale pages on here...
Thanks!
I've got a set of rubber floor mats I was planning on bringing. They're basically off-brand monster mats.
Old October 9th, 2018, 05:14   #90
crdouger
Veteran Member

Default 06 Jetta

It's an 06 Jetta. I have a key blank already, but need it cut.
crdouger is offline   Reply With Quote