VW Rejecting Non-Clean Titles?

jhuber

TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Passat SEL, 2015 Audi Q7
I received the appointment schedule email last night (6/21). I uploaded the offer letter on 5/9. Appointment is scheduled for 7/12.

Interestingly, it seems that turning in the car cannot be done at all dealers. The closest dealer to me is in Arlington, TX, but I could not turn the car in there; I had to go to the Ft. Worth dealer.

xcdhracer15

Veteran Member
TDI
99 audi a4 ahu, 02 dmax twin turbo
I received the appointment schedule email last night (6/21). I uploaded the offer letter on 5/9. Appointment is scheduled for 7/12.

Interestingly, it seems that turning in the car cannot be done at all dealers. The closest dealer to me is in Arlington, TX, but I could not turn the car in there; I had to go to the Ft. Worth dealer.
I submitted mine may 10th so hoping to get appointment schedule soon....

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
As of February of this year, participation in buyback is no longer mandatory for VW dealerships. My dealer told me that they do not get any money from VW for this. This just gives them a chance to get 1st dibs on a clean TDI if one comes in and of course a chance to sell another car.

Most dealers in the big city opted out (i guess because they dont have space to hold these cars) so now I have to go 20 miles outside of the city to the country locations.

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Don't have any loans and here's what i got from them, they're just making it difficult and taking extra time, who knows what they'll come up with next

Volkswagen has contacted your lender to obtain the current outstanding payoff amount of your existing loan. This information is needed to generate an offer letter for your review, and for validation purposes must come directly from your lender. Upon receipt of payoff information from your lender, Volkswagen will generate an offer letter for you.

05tdiwagon

TDI
TDI's
Don't have any loans and here's what i got from them, they're just making it difficult and taking extra time, who knows what they'll come up with next

Volkswagen has contacted your lender to obtain the current outstanding payoff amount of your existing loan. This information is needed to generate an offer letter for your review, and for validation purposes must come directly from your lender. Upon receipt of payoff information from your lender, Volkswagen will generate an offer letter for you.
Was an buyback offer generated and received for this vehicle already? In my case same exact email was received followed by an "Schedule your appointment" email later in the day.

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Was an buyback offer generated and received for this vehicle already? In my case same exact email was received followed by an "Schedule your appointment" email later in the day.
Correct but I didn't get anything

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Master

TDI
Passat TDI
Looks like someone took this seriously.
Buybackclaims.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Looks like someone took this seriously.
Buybackclaims.com

The process is getting a little long in the tooth, for certain. It will be interesting so see if anyone has success with this firm.

Master

TDI
Passat TDI
The process is getting a little long in the tooth, for certain. It will be interesting so see if anyone has success with this firm.

Yes this is taking long, but from all options available, these guys at least doing something in regards to this matter. And I figured what will I loose if I don’t file and submit with them? Nothing. As they have stated it will benefit to all, if everyone participated and we could see the real picture of what’s happening. I do plan on filing on my own after Sep, if these guys won’t be any help. They have stated on their contact page that they will post info of their attorney as they come close filing. If someone thinks it’s best to sit underwater and wait as time goes on, they sure welcome to go that route..

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Are they wanting to file another Class Action suit or individual suits? CA can put you right back where you are now. Any results they get may be covered by a nondisclosure agreement, preventing any info getting out.

gmoldovan

TDI
2002 Golf TDI
No restitution at all?

So I had a friend turn in a salvage car a few days and he said that before they did anything they made him sign a paper that said he definitely won't be getting any restitution amount. Not a "maybe if the original owner won't claim it, we'll decide by December", but a full on "we won't give it to you, sign if you're okay with it or else we won't take your car." Anyone one else turn in one recently and had something similar?

jhuber

TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Passat SEL, 2015 Audi Q7
So I had a friend turn in a salvage car a few days and he said that before they did anything they made him sign a paper that said he definitely won't be getting any restitution amount. Not a "maybe if the original owner won't claim it, we'll decide by December", but a full on "we won't give it to you, sign if you're okay with it or else we won't take your car." Anyone one else turn in one recently and had something similar?
Perhaps VW has already paid the restitution to the original owner for this vehicle?

My appointment is next week, so we shall see...

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Perhaps VW has already paid the restitution to the original owner for this vehicle?

My appointment is next week, so we shall see...
A friend of mine will be turning his in on the 17th, will let you know if he gets restitution or not but his buyback letter says he won't be getting it

yurkin89

TDI
2015 GSW TDI x2
Average wait time after uploading offer letter.

Can some of you guys post your average wait time after uploading your offer letter to schedule an appointment? I’m at week 6, still waiting.

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Declined after an official offer letter? Just wanting to know what to watch out for.
No, mine was registered after Feb 28th and was refused with no explanation so I filed again via mail, now waiting but I'm sure it'll be kicked out again, friend registered his in Jan so no issues just waiting game

CalGuy

TDI
Q5
All I know is what the offer letter said - that after December 31, 2018 I will be notified if restitution is available.

Last edited:

05tdiwagon

TDI
TDI's
When I was turning in my 2.0 TDI I had to sign one piece that had something like "You are not eligible for a restitution payment" right after the total amount "VW will pay you" section, which means you are only getting paid a vehicle value only at this time, without mentioning any future restitution payments. I'd imagine VW won't proceed with buyback without your signature on the doc.

gmoldovan

TDI
2002 Golf TDI
When I was turning in my 2.0 TDI I had to sign one piece that had something like "You are not eligible for a restitution payment" right after the total amount "VW will pay you" section, which means you are only getting paid a vehicle value only at this time, without mentioning any future restitution payments. I'd imagine VW won't proceed with buyback without your signature on the doc.
Yup, that's what my friend had to sign too. Sounds like they're going back on something again...

jeffcapp99

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q7 TDI & VW Passat TDI
Yup, that's what my friend had to sign too. Sounds like they're going back on something again...
This is so frustrating. VW refuses to obey their own biased and bullied rulings. It is my understanding salvage owners are entitled to restitution if original owner does not claim it. Why spring a 'no restitution' paper on owner at last minute? It is possible no restitution will be paid; yet it is possible it will be paid. Any update on this issue? I have some appointments in two weeks and do not know what to do.

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
This is so frustrating. VW refuses to obey their own biased and bullied rulings. It is my understanding salvage owners are entitled to restitution if original owner does not claim it. Why spring a 'no restitution' paper on owner at last minute? It is possible no restitution will be paid; yet it is possible it will be paid. Any update on this issue? I have some appointments in two weeks and do not know what to do.
A friend of mine is in the same situation, doesn't know if he should turn it in or not when I told him about this form

CalGuy

TDI
Q5
Form at Turn In

Does anyone know if this language is different from what was (is) being used for non-branded cars at turn in?