www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Conversions

TDI Conversions Discussions on converting non TDIs into TDIS. More general items can be answered better in other sections. This is ideal for issues that don't have an overlap and are very special to swaping engines.

Old March 8th, 2018, 04:57   #1
conversiondude

TDI(s): BEW
Default fuel pump pressure

I am converting a '99 Nissan Frontier with an '04 BEW Mk4. My worry is that the present in tank fuel pump (which I intend to keep) supplies about 52 psi of pressure where the stock VW is only about 10, acting strictly as a pick-up pump. Do I need to worry about installing a return regulator before the fuel filter? Will this higher pressure do any damage to the injection pump seals? Any help is greatly appreciated
conversiondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 07:05   #2
Exenos
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 Golf

There is no ip on a bew, its all done at the injectors. I'd be inclined to say that since there are no ip seals to blow the pressure would be fine but I cant say for sure.
Exenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 12:50   #3
Hasenwerk

Not sure how the Nissan does the pressure regulation, but on the Ford Ranger there is a regulator in the fuel tank on the pump asm. This needs to be removed. 52 PSI is way too much pressure - the pump with no regulator will do about 3 or 4 PSI is fine.
Hasenwerk is offline   Reply With Quote