www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old March 3rd, 2018, 21:27   #16
saggii
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyv View Post
I can get 20% off an A7 , the car blew away the A6 we drove very nice. It had the sport package and a few other bells. Any other concerns longer term folks have on these?
They have the new car warranty. What if something else pops up related to the fix?

We may pull the trigger on this.
It is a very nice car indeed, just one thing to consider - depreciation. If you are able to swallow that bitter pill, then nothing better.
The dieselgate has been driving the prices of the new and used TDIs but this may not last longer as KBBs and NADAs of the world will reflect the real world pricing when more and more TDIs start hitting the market.
saggii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2018, 22:19   #17
skinnyv

Quote:
Originally Posted by saggii View Post
It is a very nice car indeed, just one thing to consider - depreciation. If you are able to swallow that bitter pill, then nothing better.
The dieselgate has been driving the prices of the new and used TDIs but this may not last longer as KBBs and NADAs of the world will reflect the real world pricing when more and more TDIs start hitting the market.
Yeah I figure you need to keep these purchases especially with the 2 year loss, it will take a huge hit.
Good news is one of our vehicles is on year 9 and we would have kept the VW TDI.
Iíd love to get 5% more but looks like itís not gonna happen. I feel like these guys will pull the cars before marking down 35% or more.
skinnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2018, 08:55   #18
saggii
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yeah I figure you need to keep these purchases especially with the 2 year loss, it will take a huge hit.
Good news is one of our vehicles is on year 9 and we would have kept the VW TDI.
I’d love to get 5% more but looks like it’s not gonna happen. I feel like these guys will pull the cars before marking down 35% or more.
Personally, I would not have made a deal for just 20% discount. It is just not enough.
Though I'm not a huge diesel enthusiast, I do like them but I just don't understand the premium for saving gas and a higher torque. If you haven't tried, try the gasoline 3.0 supercharged A7. It will change your perception.
Some manufacturers are already proving 20% discount on their current year inventory (Infinity, Acura to be specific though they are not inthe same range as BMW and Audi)

Last edited by saggii; March 4th, 2018 at 08:57.
Old March 4th, 2018, 09:28   #19
skinnyv

Quote:
Originally Posted by saggii View Post
Personally, I would not have made a deal for just 20% discount. It is just not enough.
Though I'm not a huge diesel enthusiast, I do like them but I just don't understand the premium for saving gas and a higher torque. If you haven't tried, try the gasoline 3.0 supercharged A7. It will change your perception.
Some manufacturers are already proving 20% discount on their current year inventory (Infinity, Acura to be specific though they are not inthe same range as BMW and Audi)
Appreciate the feedback, no paper signed yet. Our city happens to be one of Audi’s top markets so this dealer may not budge. The dealership was buzzing yesterday all kinds of folks driving and buying cars.
I do agree I see automakers needing to markdown or incentivize prices in the coming months for sales , who knows.

I also don’t think if we over pay by a few $k it’s the end of the world if it’s the car we want.
Old March 4th, 2018, 14:07   #20
skinnyv

Done deal got 25% off , there was some sun damage (dash texture slightly off in a spot, seat color if you look very close front pax seat)we will have to live with but knocked off another 5%.

Verified emissions extended warranty is in play.

Last edited by skinnyv; March 4th, 2018 at 14:13.
Old March 4th, 2018, 18:59   #21
Dr Chill
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2016 A8L TDI

Quote:
Done deal got 25% off , there was some sun damage (dash texture slightly off in a spot, seat color if you look very close front pax seat)we will have to live with but knocked off another 5%.

Bottom line is you got a great "new" car at a good price. Having owned 2 C7 platform cars, I would have recommended the A8L over the A7 but the A7 is clearly more sporty looking. Having driven a 3.0 liter TDI car for over 25,000 miles now, I can truly say it is a great powerplant and gets great mileage.

Good luck with it. I also recommend you get Audicare.
2015 A8L TDI (Fix 2/7/18, traded in 2/8/18)
2015 A3 TDI (BB 3/9/17)
Dr Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2018, 07:06   #22
psd1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: See Fuelly link

Quote:

Good deal, what's the spec?

psd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2018, 08:20   #23
skinnyv

Quote:
Originally Posted by psd1 View Post
Good deal, what's the spec?
Prestige , Sport package, Black optics 20” wheels etc , Driving Assistance Package , Black Headliner . Bose , led , I think that’s it.

Some cosmetic stuff promised to be taken care of and replaced soon. The car at night with the lighting was a nice surprise.

I think that’s it $60k ... before TTL. New car financing which the banks won’t do on 2016 also. 2.9 % 66 mos

Warranty and other stuff is pretty nice.

MSRP $79,995

It’s the wife’s driver, We will be selling back the Passat soon should net $25-26k, being loyal to VW . I think all in all good deal for us we get a nice luxury car without he price tag and buy back bonus.

Last edited by skinnyv; March 5th, 2018 at 08:35.
Old March 5th, 2018, 09:25   #24
KITEWAGON
Veteran Member

Quote:
Prestige , Sport package, Black optics 20Ē wheels etc , Driving Assistance Package , Black Headliner . Bose , led , I think thatís it.

Some cosmetic stuff promised to be taken care of and replaced soon. The car at night with the lighting was a nice surprise.

I think thatís it $60k ... before TTL. New car financing which the banks wonít do on 2016 also. 2.9 % 66 mos

Warranty and other stuff is pretty nice.

MSRP $79,995

Itís the wifeís driver, We will be selling back the Passat soon should net $25-26k, being loyal to VW . I think all in all good deal for us we get a nice luxury car without he price tag and buy back bonus.
Drool. This forum deserves pictures.
KITEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2018, 15:18   #25
saggii
Veteran Member

Congratulations on the new ride. A7 has one of those timeless design which will not get old anytime soon.