Vw Fix (Seeking Help)

4g63turbo

TDI
13 TDI 6MT
Hey guys have a little situation, dropped off my 2013 jetta tdi for the fix yesterday. I get a phone call hour later they cant do anything as the vehicle has check engine light on. I am very particular about my vehicle and the vehicle DID NOT have check egine light on at all. They are telling me it came on 500 km's ago and apparently there is a problem with DPF Filter.....
I asked for the proof(which i am in the middle of getting ) They are seeking for help from VW Canada....I am shocked that they keep insisting that the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS BEEN ON....
For instance this vehicle has never had check engine light on, since i have owned it, no soot in the exhaust pipe etc.....
can anybody advise what to do in this situation? has anybody else experiences this?
Thanks guys for your help

Last edited:

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
I took a 2014 Q5 in for repair on January 26th, it threw a CEL and Audi had to clear it before they could start the repair. They handed me the keys to a 2018 Q7 and told me they would call me when it's fixed as they legally couldn't release it to me. I pick up the fixed Q5 tomorrow.

Not sure if the emissions laws are the same in Canada.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Thanks it got resolved. all of sudden I was "told" there is no check engine light and fix went through...
Hey guys have a little situation,
A little patience goes a long way as opposed to jumping to conclusions and broadcasting how you were mistreated and what these forum members suggest you should do.. ;)

Last edited:

4g63turbo

TDI
13 TDI 6MT
A little patience goes a long way as opposed to jumping to conclusions and broadcasting how you were mistreated and what these forum members suggest you should do.. ;)
I do have quiet bit of patience but the way I was talked to by the Service Advisor took me to the next level. Thank you for your feedback though.:)

english

TDI
2010 TDI Jetta
My 2010 WAS showing a light. DPF was done for and they discovered the intake manifold was bad.
That was DPF number two for me, the first having been replaced at 70,000.
VW replaced both at no charge when I had the fix done at 135,000 a few weeks ago. It would have cost me well over $3,000.
If you believe the DPF may have been getting ready for replacement, you might wish to inquire to see if they will change it out.